Just watched RDA vs Pettis

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And god damn, RDA is a beast.
Kinda like a prime Aldo but with really good offensive wrestling and insane pressure and output.

EarnestLightIsopod.gif

Conor better hope he can connect with his left hand soon!
I agree with Firas Zahabi analysis that the longer the fight goes on, the more it favors RDA. Plus he seems to have an amazing gas tank.

giphy.gif

I think Conor wins this but truth be told, RDA can win this fight in so many ways. He can punish Conor's body and legs with his vicious kicks, he can wrestlefuck conor and ground and pound him for 5 rounds, he can submit him...and how can Conor win? By connecting his left hand only.

SevereBogusAfricanrockpython.gif

Almost makes me rethink my prediction that Conor will win.

Kinda like a prime Aldo but with really good offensive wrestling and insane pressure and output.

EarnestLightIsopod.gif

I agree with Firas Zahabi analysis that the longer the fight goes on, the more it favors RDA. Plus he seems to have an amazing gas tank.

giphy.gif

I think Conor wins this but truth be told, RDA can win this fight in so many ways. He can punish Conor's body and legs with his vicious kicks, he can wrestlefuck conor and ground and pound him for 5 rounds, he can submit him...and how can Conor win? By connecting his left hand only.

Wait.....an actual sensible Conor fan?

Saw the fight too. RDA also took some hard body kicks from Pettis and it couldn't even dent RDA's gas tank (compare this to Conor's kicks to Mendes).

RDA will only wrestlefuck Conor if he can get Conor's back to the cage...and no UFC fighter has been able to pull that off yet.

RDA's win over Pettis was so much more impressive than Alvarez'. He beat Pettis up on the feet, took him down at will, and controlled him everywhere the fight went, as opposed to holding against the fence for 15 minutes.

Come on, man. You're supposed to tell us you just RE-watched the fight.

Pettis doesnt exactly have KO power in his hands.

Conor is going to get his ugly mug smashed into the dirt. *cackle cackle*

EarnestLightIsopod.gif

giphy.gif

You should see the Henderson fight too.

the analysis doesn't apply cuz they are both southpaws

on the ground tho is another story

What appeared to me from this fight :
Dos Anjos started wrestling only after the end of the first round. This will give time to McGregor.
In the other rounds he did not rushed for takedowns.
When Pettis started to put some pressure he could get the control of the octogon back for like 20 seconds.

But Dos Anjos was so powerful !

McGregor can do it. I'm more confident now than before watching the fight.

The pressure/pace that RDA put on Pettis was something else, i find it hard to believe he would lose against Conor, but so i did with Aldo and RDA doesnt have a 10 year wining streak.

Hopefully he WILL use his BJJ/Wrestling, otherwise its good night Raffy.
I have a feeling that he wants to prove that he is as good on the stand up and that will be his downfall

Just watched the fight again myself. And yesterday watched RDA destroy Benson.

If Conor doesn't change stance, RDA will break that front foot. Aldo was orthodox, so it was harder for him to try it. RDA will try it repeatedly. If Conor changes stance, then his left hand loses power due to range. So, as long as RDA doesn't do anything stupid, he should take this one, especially considering his ground game. Conor blew off Chad because of the size difference. That will be much harder to do against RDA on top.

Hopefully, Conor gets to eat some humble pie :)

Just watched the fight again myself. And yesterday watched RDA destroy Benson.

If Conor doesn't change stance, RDA will break that front foot. Aldo was orthodox, so it was harder for him to try it. RDA will try it repeatedly. If Conor changes stance, then his left hand loses power due to range. So, as long as RDA doesn't do anything stupid, he should take this one, especially considering his ground game. Conor blew off Chad because of the size difference. That will be much harder to do against RDA on top.

Hopefully, Conor gets to eat some humble pie :)

On the want hand I would like Conor to eat some humble pie, but on the other hand.. It would be super interesting if he wins. Now he is the only fighter left that is Cocky and is winning all the time, making his own rules and demands to the UFC. I would like to see how it develops if he continues to win. If he loses, well, we get back to boring landscape again.

Back