Just watched RDA vs Pettis

I also re-watched the fight recently.

I think RDA should win this fight...

...but his lack of head movement worries me. He is very hittable on the feet. And that is not a good quality when you face Conor McGregor.

My pick is dos Anjos, with trepidation.

Can't speak for everyone but maybe it's not that Conor will be small at LW but rather he won't be enjoying his massive size advantage he enjoys at FW.

Remember what happened to Jon Jones when he finally faced someone closer to his size. All the sudden his wrestling and his striking wasn't as effective.
dude poirier walks at 180 and conor destroyed him

Those gifs just show that rda leaves openings. And any real sniper can ko him. Conor is one of those guys I believe, and will ko him clean.

These guys all look like beasts until Conor gets his hands on them

then they are overrated !

Conor will blow RDA away

When Conor beats RDA is everyone going to say he's past his prime?

Those gifs just show that rda leaves openings. And any real sniper can ko him. Conor is one of those guys I believe, and will ko him clean.
All fighters have oponenings, trust and believe there are many gifs that show Conors openings as well.

All fighters have oponenings, trust and believe there are many gifs that show Conors openings as well.
True, but Rda hasnt show to be that accurate striker that finds openings. Conor has, and thats the difference in this fight. We shall see.

And god damn, RDA is a beast.
Kinda like a prime Aldo but with really good offensive wrestling and insane pressure and output.

Prime Aldo had really good offensive wrestling against strikers like Pettis (and Conor for that matter) too. Aldo has better TD success stats than any other top level fighter aside from GSP in fact, and it's because he was an ace at choosing his moments and had amazing timing.

And RDA isn't as fast or precise as prime Aldo was, nor does he have striking defense even close to Aldo's level. RDA is far more hittable than Aldo ever was. Not on Aldo's level overall, although he is significantly bigger.

The best comparison between the two technically speaking is they have absolute killer top games, so if they get you down you're in for a rough time.

Prime Aldo had really good offensive wrestling against strikers like Pettis (and Conor for that matter) too. Aldo has better TD success stats than any other top level fighter aside from GSP in fact, and it's because he was an ace at choosing his moments and had amazing timing.

And RDA isn't as fast or precise as prime Aldo was, nor does he have striking defense even close to Aldo's level. RDA is far more hittable than Aldo ever was. Not on Aldo's level overall, although he is significantly bigger.

The best comparison between the two technically speaking is they have absolute killer top games, so if they get you down you're in for a rough time.
What on earth are you talking about? First Aldo never fought Pettis. Secondly, Aldo had great takedown defense, which is to say defensive wrestling, NOT offensive wrestling. It was rare for him to go for a takedown.

What on earth are you talking about? First Aldo never fought Pettis. Secondly, Aldo had great takedown defense, which is to say defensive wrestling, NOT offensive wrestling. It was rare for him to go for a takedown.

I didn't say Aldo fought Pettis, I said he always shot takedowns on strikers like Pettis and Conor.

It wasn't rare at all for Aldo to go for a takedown against guys with striking bases like RDA has fought in his last few fights. Between the KZ and Lamas fights Aldo scored 7 takedowns. From 8 attempts. When that dude decides he wants you down, which usually means you're a striker, there's a VERY good chance he gets you down.

And it's not just that Aldo has a better TD success rate than Mendes, Cain, Bones, Weidman, DC, Sonnen etc, he also has guys who know wrestling, like Edgar, Mendes, Maynard (who trained at Nova Uniao with Aldo), Faber, Florian etc saying Aldo has really good all-round wrestling, not just defensive.

Aldo might be the most complete fighter in the game. Came from a BJJ background and developed ace striking and wrestling. Just makes Conor's victory even more awesome.

I didn't say Aldo fought Pettis, I said he always shot takedowns on strikers like Pettis and Conor.

It wasn't rare at all for Aldo to go for a takedown against guys with striking bases like RDA has fought in his last few fights. Between the KZ and Lamas fights Aldo scored 7 takedowns. From 8 attempts. When that dude decides he wants you down, which usually means you're a striker, there's a VERY good chance he gets you down.

And it's not just that Aldo has a better TD success rate than Mendes, Cain, Bones, Weidman, DC, Sonnen etc, he also has guys who know wrestling, like Edgar, Mendes, Maynard (who trained at Nova Uniao with Aldo), Faber, Florian etc saying Aldo has really good all-round wrestling, not just defensive.

Aldo might be the most complete fighter in the game. Came from a BJJ background and developed ace striking and wrestling. Just makes Conor's victory even more awesome.
Fair enough. I agree that Aldo is a very complete fighter. In fact, I was rooting for him against McGregor.

RDA is an attack explosion..

Never seen a lightweight look this good imo..

Looking forward to see what Khabib's got.

He is not going to be more muscular...

RDA walks around at around 195, Conor walks around at about 170... Conor might be longer but RDA is by all means bigger.

wasn't Conor cutting from around 174lbs for FW? and that wasn't even his walk around weight. look at RDA vs guida.. RDA wasn't muscling him around at all.. a bit concerning i think.

wasn't Conor cutting from around 174lbs for FW? and that wasn't even his walk around weight. look at RDA vs guida.. RDA wasn't muscling him around at all.. a bit concerning i think.
Yeah, I don't think RDA is going to be bigger.

RDA will impress me when he KOs the p4p number 1 in 13 seconds. A convincing, if laboured victory over a one dimensional, washed up Pettis doesn't compare.

Back