Just watched Joanna jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha 2 for the first time on fight pass WOW

Yeah, but it wasn't a three round fight, and that didn't come as a surprise to either fighter. Claudia's gameplan was to win it early and survive the championship rounds. And JJ's was to weather the early storm and take over later.

I don't think it was JJ's plan to get rocked in the opening moments of the fight and then get outstruck and taken down at will for two rounds.

This fight actually has me more excited for the division. JJ definitely isn't unbeatable.

I don't think it was JJ's plan to get rocked in the opening moments of the fight and then get outstruck and taken down at will for two rounds.

This fight actually has me more excited for the division. JJ definitely isn't unbeatable.

Joanna didn't get rocked in the opening moments though, don't exaggerate .. she got knocked down, not rocked or hurt. It would seem that you didn't really watch that fight ... Joanna got up from the 2nd TD in the 1st and reversed Claudia in the clinch and held her there until she broke away.

Joanna also took over the last 1 min and 30 secs remaining in the 1st round ... Claudia had a strong 1st rd, but it was far from total domination. The 2nd rd was Claudia's best round, and neither the 1st nor the 2nd rounds were even close the domination by Joanna in the 4th and 5th ... which is why Joanna scored a 10-8 rd and Claudia didn't. :)

Last edited:
i thought so as well, but it kinda seemed like they were trying to sewer her to the benefit of making claudia the "good guy".

we all know that the ufc and specifically dana would never prefer one fighter over another, but i certainly had the impression that they were wanting JJ to come across like a childish bully... but why???
They're just trying to turn the UFC into WWE for the "just bleed" fans.
Joanna got the short end of the stick in the hype. :p

Back