Just watched Joanna jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha 2 for the first time on fight pass WOW

You were that impressed that she was able to out strike a completely gassed Claudia in the later rounds? Was a good fight though despite Claudia being too gassed to do anything after the second.

I was that impressed that she outclassed Claudia by fighting off her grappling, breaking her down and out striking her.
#WarJoanna

JJ could easily ko 100% of the male population.

96532.gif

Not sure why this fight is so popular.
Gadelha dominated the first 2 rounds but didn't do anything with it, then gassed and turned into a punching bag.
Not very impressive performance from either fighter.
JJ couldn't do shit until Claudia was gassed and got dropped by a jab seconds in the fight and Gadelha fought at a pace she couldn't keep up with and didn't fight very smart overall.

I re-watched the first Claudia fight and saw it as a too close to call / black mark kinda fight but was hoping Joanna would put a stamp on the rematch to seal who was best at Straw weight.

She weathered the storm avoided a quick loss by being defensively even with Claudia's offense then beat her silly for three rounds. If the fight was three round only Claudia would have won.

Yes but i agree was bizzare.I mean im sure she can beat some 250 pound guys but not the kind who are 250 and in shape.
Yeah, maybe the typical 250 pound fatass but not an athlete like Ray Lewis. Even the fat ass might have a chance to lay on her or land a a wild hay maker. The size difference is just too damn much.

I was screaming for Claudia to finish her. I knew this would happen. It's funny the stick Ronda gets but JJ is forgiven for how she behaved. Can't ever question her standup but Claudia tooled her r1 and 2. God damn gass tank! But credit were credit is due. If it was not for JJs incredible fighting spirit and cardio she would never have caused Claudia to gas let alone put on a clinic for the final 3. She never stopped for a second fighting to stand when taken down. Great fight. Totally right it was buried in the buildup but i ordered that card to 200

Yeah that was...weird. I'm sure Claudia could beat up some men around her size but a 250 pound athlete who was a state champion wrestler and one of the greatest linebackers of all time? C'mon Eddie. Lol
He could have possibly just been talking about in jits.

She weathered the storm avoided a quick loss by being defensively even with Claudia's offense then beat her silly for three rounds. If the fight was three round only Claudia would have won.

Yeah, but it wasn't a three round fight, and that didn't come as a surprise to either fighter. Claudia's gameplan was to win it early and survive the championship rounds. And JJ's was to weather the early storm and take over later.

Many say it was the best fight of the 200 weekend.

I love to watch JJ's world class striking. It is like poetry in motion, top of the food chain!

Yeah, but it wasn't a three round fight, and that didn't come as a surprise to either fighter. Claudia's gameplan was to win it early and survive the championship rounds. And JJ's was to weather the early storm and take over later.

Agreed but I was saying that to liken it to the first fight which was three rounds. I know I didn't explain it well but that is what I meant.

It is a good argument for title contention bouts to be 5 rounds to weed out the gassers.

JJ could easily ko 100% of the male population.
Let's be honest, she could probably kill a grizzly bear with her bare hands.
No man stands a chance.

Last edited:
her personality took a beating on tuf, but theres no doubt shes a champion and has a champion's heart.
I had the impression that the UFC intentionally made Joanna look like a bully and poured gasoline on the conflict between the girls to hype the fight... not cool.

Back