Just watched Ex Machina

story of a cuck...Was the theme of that movie.

It was a good film, it makes you realize how much pussy has an influence in our decisions.
How the fuck was that a story about a cuck?

How would you like North Korea to just drop off 500 terminators in your town, that’s some scary shit.

Supposedly that is the future we are striving for. The Dept. of Defense/Pentagon/Joint Chiefs of Staff are investing a lot of time and energy into making that kind of thing a reality. We started it by creating unmanned drones, that is sort of the beginning of fighting wars by proxy but if things play out the way they want then they will eventually have fully automated, artificially intelligent, soldiers that we have no real way to compete against. Faster, stronger, armored, shoot better, shoot faster, good luck with that.

The A.I. has to meet in the middle with Robotics but companies like Boston Dynamics are trying to help make that stuff a reality. Its too soon now but its going to happen. DARPA is fully onboard with these projects.

Supposedly that is the future we are striving for. The Dept. of Defense/Pentagon/Joint Chiefs of Staff are investing a lot of time and energy into making that kind of thing a reality. We started it by creating unmanned drones, that is sort of the beginning of fighting wars by proxy but if things play out the way they want then they will eventually have fully automated, artificially intelligent, soldiers that we have no real way to compete against. Faster, stronger, armored, shoot better, shoot faster, good luck with that.

The A.I. has to meet in the middle with Robotics but companies like Boston Dynamics are trying to help make that stuff a reality. Its too soon now but its going to happen. DARPA is fully onboard with these projects.
Doesn't take much in terms of physical capability to be dangerous. Deploying tiny drones with just enough explosives attached to kill a man can target people and dive bomb their heads. The technology is already there and impossible to stop in mass.

Doesn't take much in terms of physical capability to be dangerous. Deploying tiny drones with just enough explosives attached to kill a man can target people and dive bomb their heads. The technology is already there and impossible to stop in mass.

That is one helluva point and one I didn't think of. I think we intend to create the full gambit of machines from the nano scale all the way up to as large as makes sense, maybe tank sized. I read an article somewhere about how they could create nano-sized bots that they could inject in your body and the bots would just go around looking for problems and solving them. An example would be clearing clogged arteries. With all the "omg that's incredible" stories there are also the ones that say, oh and btw, this tech may eventually spell our doom.

You are absolutely right about small swarms of drones armed with explosives. Sounds like something terrorists would want to use. Here is one for you. What about insect sized assassins that are armed with poison instead of explosives. Think C.I.A. type shit here. You want someone like Julian Assange dead? Release a mechanical fly armed with deadly poison and it just flies into the embassy through an open door, lands on his neck, and goodnight sweet prince.

The possibilities for bizarre technological dystopian futures are mind boggling because they appear to be a distinct and real possibility. Aeon Flux, the Animatrix, all those sorts of stories appear to actually be possible. Basically the small bots may be as scary as the large ones.

th

That is one helluva point and one I didn't think of. I think we intend to create the full gambit of machines from the nano scale all the way up to as large as makes sense, maybe tank sized. I read an article somewhere about how they could create nano-sized bots that they could inject in your body and the bots would just go around looking for problems and solving them. An example would be clearing clogged arteries. With all the "omg that's incredible" stories there are also the ones that say, oh and btw, this tech may eventually spell our doom.

You are absolutely right about small swarms of drones armed with explosives. Sounds like something terrorists would want to use. Here is one for you. What about insect sized assassins that are armed with poison instead of explosives. Think C.I.A. type shit here. You want someone like Julian Assange dead? Release a mechanical fly armed with deadly poison and it just flies into the embassy through an open door, lands on his neck, and goodnight sweet prince.

The possibilities for bizarre technological dystopian futures are mind boggling because they appear to be a distinct and real possibility. Aeon Flux, the Animatrix, all those sorts of stories appear to actually be possible. Basically the small bots may be as scary as the large ones.

th

An army of two billion mosquito sized bots infecting people with things like the zika virous is a scary idea indeed

At the same time they could run vaccinations as well

An army of two billion mosquito sized bots infecting people with things like the zika virous is a scary idea indeed

At the same time they could run vaccinations as well

Well, exactly, there are these awesome ideas driving the technology forward that could make life better but at the same time the tech will be used in destructive ways. So check this out. Even with current technology we can fool packs of wild animals into believing a robot is a real creature. I presume so they can study their behavior from within the pack.

Imagine what we will be able to do in 20 more years.

I finally just watched this movie and thought it was fantastic. One of the main reasons I was staying away is how awful X-men Apocalypse was but Oscar Isaac was great.
The ending was the best series of wtfs I’ve seen in a while.

Rewatching this right now and I just realized Caleb is the robot being tested.
Everything makes way more sense from this perspective. For example Caleb doesn't understand the ghost busters reference, which any guy his age who absolutely get. Also the fact that you would never run a turning test with a subject that knows they are running the test

I was unimpressed when I saw it. After witnessing all of the sci-fi and AI classics, I figured it would be more than just some dude trying to fuck his robots.

It wasn't ground breaking or needle moving at all. It was just the only AI/sci-fi movie in that genre in awhile, so everyone ate it up.

Upgrade was better. Change my mind.

Gleeson and Isaac are wonderful as always, though.

So that fuckin ginger fell for exactly what he was told the AI would do.

Also was his plan to leave the creator for dead, if he and the AI got away?

Another senseless simp death

This is a really good video discussing what the movie is really about

I was unimpressed when I saw it. After witnessing all of the sci-fi and AI classics, I figured it would be more than just some dude trying to fuck his robots.

It wasn't ground breaking or needle moving at all. It was just the only AI/sci-fi movie in that genre in awhile, so everyone ate it up.

Upgrade is an aweseome movie but Ex Machina is a good movie

Caleb being the robot honestly changed the movie for me. I really liked the movie, but now I'm like OH SHIT. Every scene makes sense now to the point that it almost feel simplistic

Caleb being the robot honestly changed the movie for me. I really liked the movie, but now I'm like OH SHIT. Every scene makes sense now to the point that it almost feel simplistic
Ok, that is not a theory that I've dug in deep enough to realize. But now that I have...he did cut himself and bleed actual blood.

Back