Just watched Cruikshank vs. Koch, super late stoppage.

Stoppage was pretty perfect. The shots weren't very hard or clean at that point.

If that was a late stoppage the Silva/Brown must have been Murder 1

I thought it was a good stoppage. Koch hung on just long enough for the ref to let it go a bit before he stepped in.

That ref is inconsistent but he was right this time.

It was late in the sense that the first punch that Daron landed after the kick dropped him, put Koch out - the ref missed an opportunity to stop it there.

Then Cruikshank alarm clocked him with a flurry and Koch went on auto pilot and "defended" himself for a while until he couldn't anymore. Then the ref took THAT opportunity to stop it.

Slightly late but the ref gave koch benefit of doubt thinking he would defend himself a little better and on top of that kock never went flat he was holding on to shank

Yep, he cleaned Koch's clock pretty good. Koch is extremely over-rated, Aldo would have murdered the guy inside 2 rounds.
Overrated? He nearly choked Poirier unconscious in the first round. If anything it's his striking that is overrated.

It would have looked like a great job in retrospect if Koch somehow held on and survived but since he just continued to get smashed it looked brutal. I'm sure Koch is grateful the ref gave him every chance though.

perfect call imo he gave Koch enough time to recover or try something
that kick was set up nice

I had no issue with it at all.

He was defending intelligently and trying to get to better position, he stoped doing that ate 2 shots and it got called.

I thought it was over when he dropped him with the head kick (which, for all intents and purposes, it was), but I don't remember being super upset that it was allowed to continue.

Overrated? He nearly choked Poirier unconscious in the first round. If anything it's his striking that is overrated.

1.gif

Yeah, not too many people recall that.

Not late at all. Koch was conscious and the ref gave him enough time to do something. When he got trapped under Daron, he stopped the fight.

Exactly ... perfect amount of time given by the ref to let him recover and escape if he could.
I want more refs doing it like this amd I am sure so do the fighters.

Good... he shouldn't of lost to a double high kick combo... who gets caught with that shit?

What? Not a lot of people can throw that. Back to topic, it was one of the worst ref performances in a while. That guy is normailly pretty solid, but that was bad. He lets Koch go out twice through the worst of it with out stopping it, but once Cruickshanks starts to slow down and Koch looks at least partially back to his faculties, he stops it

Back