Just watched Cruikshank vs. Koch, super late stoppage.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
wtf that fight could've been stopped immediately & Koch could've been saved some brain cells but the ref seemed so hesitant on calling the fight.

Beautiful finish tho, when Cruikshank has it going it looks like a work of art, does anybody have a gif btw?

Good... he shouldn't of lost to a double high kick combo... who gets caught with that shit?

I agree totally. Koch was put out and woken up multiple times. Ref was incompetant.

Are you shitting me?

Koch was holding on to the back of Cruickshank's head to break his posture. If that's not the definition of intelligent defense, I'd like to know what you people think is.

Attempting to break posture is THE DEFINITION of intelligent defense.

tbh it was an early stoppage, Koch was still defending himself and conscious.

Are you shitting me?

Koch was holding on to the back of Cruickshank's head to break his posture. If that's not the definition of intelligent defense, I'd like to know what you people think is.

I was actually going to give kudos to the officiating of that fight. Was a great example of letting the fight go just long enough.

Koch was defending himself by letting his head get smashed a hundred times in a row. Mini-Mirgliotta had another late stoppage in the fight where that bearded guy got killed too. He was too worried about flexing his muscles.

whether he appeared to intelligently defend himself or not doesn't matter, could be instinct anyway. They need to stop fights faster for more reasons than safety. How bout so the sport has an exciting finish instead of a weird 20 elbow- punch combo bouncing some battered dudes head off the ground. Not the cleanest endings these days...

Yes Koch was defending himself....In auto pilot mode....Have you never seen a guy get KTFO and try and wrestle the ref? Had the ref stopped the fight anytime in that brutal beat down while he was pulling on Cruickshanks neck.....Koch would of been reaching up for the air for seconds after trying to hold onto something that wasn't there.

Meanwhile the Ref let it get passed this point. And Cruickshank Damn near killed a man because of it.

Long story short he was out.

Are you shitting me?

Koch seemed out for a moment from Cruickshanks first punch on the ground. Afterwards he regained consciousness and he indeed tried to break Cruickshanks posture. Seemed more more like instincts then intelligence to me; stoppage was arguably late imo

Good... he shouldn't of lost to a double high kick combo... who gets caught with that shit?

For real yo. Maybe you can get in there and show him how its done.

What a bunch of girls. OooOoOooooO! Late Stoppage! Somebody do something!

Its a fight, ladies.

If you guys think that was a late stoppage ... do 't come back here and complain about an early stoppage later since you want to ref to not give a fighter a chance to recover.

He caught Koch is the back of the head with the kick. That is the reality of that kind of kick. I really dislike cruikshank. Koch was going in and out. Luckily he wasnt getting hit with anything extremely devastating. Koch should shave his head again.

nobody can ever be happy with a stoppage smh, i thought that was a perfect stop..if it had been stopped earlier we'd have 1000 more threads complaining about a early stoppage...

Back