Just rewatched GUS vs jones again.

But how many times did the ref or Gus have 2 stop and recover? Once maybe.....

Gus all the way

tumblr_inline_mi2qjbq7FS1qz4rgp.gif

LMFAO HAAAAAAHAAAA ahahah. WOW! EPIC INDEED lol

Gus lost the fight. No matter what way you look at it. Gus a great fighter, Jones was just slightly better. Maybe next fight he can really finish Jones....or maybe not. We will see, no point in going back and counting anything.

Gus was stupid for not poking back. If it had been me I had both poked and groin kicked the fucker, then said "what?".

Has there ever been a point deduction against a reigning champ?

Its a combination of both. A few actual pokes. And instances of intentionally putting the opponents eyesight in jeopardy by blatantly extending your fingers.

People have mentioned what you mentioned hat its not Technically Illegal to keep your fingers out. Even though the Ref warns for it (which I guess should make it illegal) I mean that means Everyone could just keep their fingers Obviously extended everytime a fighter moves in.

However, due to that current issue I included

"Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee"

At the end of my post. And that is a rule Jones broke 8 times. Which is point deductable if the ref wants to (and should be after 8 times no) and is in the unified rules.

It should IMHO be that the ref can warn a fighter for doing it and nothing more as long as no actual eyepokes happen but if one does after the warnings that's an instant point deduction.

So lets say hes allowed to get 3 warnings. Then that Should have been 6 point deductions.....

Point deductions for what? There was one eye poke and that's the only penalty that occurred in the fight.

you guys are pathetic, a real warning as in combat sports is when a ref takes a fighter to the side and warns him of a point deduction, Jone's poked Gus once in that fight, Big john's warns were if it happens again your losing a point, was more of a be careful with your fingers, Big John can't make up rules as he likes and Jon wasn't breaking any, it's funny cuz Gus fights the same way with his extended fingers, look at the Manuwa bout

Keeping the fingers out is NOT against the rule.

Big John's warnings were courtesy warnings. It was not a warning that a fighter is violating the rule (e.g. a warning against grabbing the fence).

He might have kept his fingers out 9 times or whatever, but he didn't poke Gus 9 times.

Therefore, Big John did not deduct points.

Jones' haters make me laugh. You guys sound like those politicians who kept coming up with lame bullshits all the time.

Gus lost; Jones won. Get the fuck over it. Stop crying/whining, and wait for the rematch.

:icon_chee
This sums it up well...Stop hating TS

Quick! Someone email the Commission.

Warning a fighter about their potential to break a rule, does not equate to breaking a rule.

Truth be told, as a Jones hater, theres no one to blame about the eyepokes shit other than the Refs. Jones is smart, if its working why change it? right? time to make it stop working.

Truth be told, as a Jones hater, theres no one to blame about the eyepokes shit other than the Refs. Jones is smart, if its working why change it? right? time to make it stop working.

I agree. It's up to the refs to do their job.

And I really think they will in Jones next fight. A lot of attention, outside of Sherdog has been given to his dirty tactics.

Wow. Nine warnings for something that is not banned in the unified rules. So is your point that big John is a bad ref? There is no rules against extending your fingers.

Jesus dude, just get over it already. Your boy lost, he will get another chance soon - focus on that.

Not if Jesus dude has anything to say about it. Oops I mean Jon Jones, sorry I got him mixed up because he's said he's bearing the cross.

I hate a lot of Jones' antics/tricks he uses. Eye pokes, knee kicks, foot stomps, etc. Next he will start blowing in the opponent's face like Lance Stephenson did to LeBron. He's so good that he shouldn't have to do these things but I guess if he can get away with it.....

Interesting if that count is accurate. It's not illegal to keep your hand open so was he warned 9 times for eye pokes or warned for just close calls? If he was connecting with the eye itself with open fingers as frequently as you have claimed then yes I agree he should have been docked a point if not DQ'D.
he warned him for having an open hand which is not illegal. Jon had no recourse to take a point brcause Jon never committed anothe foul.

Wow. Nine warnings for something that is not banned in the unified rules. So is your point that big John is a bad ref? There is no rules against extending your fingers.

It's funny how Jones fans are completely ok with this dirty tactic because "he doesn't poke that many times a fight, just extends fingers all the time". If it was anyone else doing it, they'd be calling it dirty as well.

If your defense is that "well most of the time he misses the eyes" then your case isn't very solid. The other fighters try to avoid getting poked in the eyes but he keeps trying and still gets them several times a fight. How is that something anyone would defend?

Back