Just rewatched Forrest Griffin vs Shogun Rua 1 - Time to set the record straight

Now go watch some of shoguns pre knee injury fights and learn something. there are fights pre UFC were guys 'take the fight' to Shogun and he does not gas out so quickly and so bad.

This attempt to paint it as other then are bad and agenda driven by the usual sorts who could care less about the fight but need to pump Forrest up so they can stroke Anderson more. Sad.

Yes Forrest deserves credit for taking it to Shogun as he should have. Shogun was never going to survive the pace Forrest was putting on him without Koiing quick. And yes his knee issues and inability to train hard have a ton to do with it.

This man understands.

And with the Anderson thing, you're spot on.

Disagree. Always thought Shogun looked especially bad in his first couple of UFC fights (Forrest, Coleman).

You gotta love how Shogun fans are like, "the first fight was a fluke and Forrest only won because Shogun was sloppy"

Yeah because Forrest was on fire that night he lost to Shogun :rolleyes:

I am friends on here with some Shogun fans that are reasonable good posters.

But most of them are pretty ridiculous.

Now go watch some of shoguns pre knee injury fights and learn something. there are fights pre UFC were guys 'take the fight' to Shogun and he does not gas out so quickly and so bad.

Who else in Pride outstruck him on the feet, put him on his back, made him work for every takedown, completely nullified him in their guard, and forced him to exert a ton of energy to pass guard and posture up?

You're not setting anything straight.

Shogun set the record straight in their second fight.

You can say Shogun was out of shape all you want to make yourself feel better but Forrest was outstriking Shohun from the very beginning of the fight. Shogun couldn't handle his pace and gassed around the end of the first. A round in which he was outstruck anyway.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better, just stating facts.

Also, what is Forrest out striking Shogun in the first round mean? He was out of shape and sloppy. His cardio and technique were nonexistent.

Like I said, while you and Anderson's legion try to paint false images of the fight, and me and others will use facts and make sure people know the truth.

Who else in Pride outstruck him on the feet, put him on his back, made him work for every takedown, completely nullified him in their guard, and forced him to exert a ton of energy to pass guard and posture up?

None because they couldn't. He was actually in shape to compete and didn't have ACL injuries going into those fights.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better, just stating facts.

Also, what is Forrest out striking Shogun in the first round mean? He was out of shape and sloppy. His cardio and technique were nonexistent.

Like I said, while you and Anderson's legion try to paint false images of the fight, and me and others will use facts and make sure people know the truth.

Forrest was sloppy when he lost the rematch agains Rua.

But let me guess. Forrest looked sloppy because Shogun is just that much better than him huh?

Your double standards, hell all Shogun fans double standards are just plain crazy

Wasn't he pretty gassed and sloppy against Coleman, Jones, Hendo, Vera, and Gus?
Maybe Shogun is just prone to gas and become sloppy?

He had no cardio and no technique, is all I am saying. How you and others try to say he looked "good" is laughable to me. He looked horrible from start to finish. How someone can have no cardio and no technique, yet still look good, must be explained to me.

Forrest was sloppy when he lost the rematch agains Rua.

But let me guess. Forrest looked sloppy because Shogun is just that much better than him huh?

Your double standards, hell all Shogun fans double standards are just plain crazy

There's no double standards, there is no standard.

Just posting facts against false claims.

It was settled, when Shogun was swinging away and Forrest was yelling at the ref to stop it.

Thats 1-1 my friend.
PS: Forrest was KOed, and I distinctly remember Shogun tapping out to Forrest. I call that even.

There's no double standards, there is no standard.

Just posting facts against false claims.

What facts have you posted? Shogun looked bad and had bad technique is not fact.

Thats 1-1 my friend.
PS: Forrest was KOed, and I distinctly remember Shogun tapping out to Forrest.

Doesn't matter if its 1-1 Shogun avenged his loss that's all that matters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back