Just rewatched Forrest Griffin vs Shogun Rua 1 - Time to set the record straight

Forrest seemed to give up on MMA long before the Shogun rematch fight. I can and do admit that.

has nothing to do with you same Anderson fans desperate to paint Shogun as near prime or in great shape when he lost to Forrest because you have this obsessive agenda need to build up Forrest, who you could give a shit about, but see it as a way to pump up Anderson.

Sad.

Jesus cuepee... Every thread doesn't have to be gsp vs anderson thread.

It's hard to look good when a better fighter starts beating you up. He got beat cause he wasn't as good as Forrest. Of course he'll look bad.

You keep telling yourself that, in the meantime I'll keep posting facts.

Forrest always gets it pretty hard around here.

Rashad beats tito, rashad has finally arrived and is a legit top LHW.

forrest beats tito... luck...

bones gets his 1st title defense against rampage ater kicking the shit out of him and choking him out... bones jones is for real!

forrest finishes shogun and sends rampage out the cage limping after exposing his kick defense... luck...

Gus beats a shot version of shogun... Gus is a legit LHW

forrest beats a better version of shogun than the one Gus beat... luck...

Ding!Ding!Ding! Logic Alert! Haters/Nut-huggers Beware!

Not everyone has an agenda to their posting like you do CuePee

You are flat out delusional if you think this is anything more then an attempt to prop up Forrest in an attempt to build up someone Anderson beat.

You know that is 100% true and only lie to yourself because of what you need to believe.

Well no shit. The fact you even posted that shows you are either a Forrest hater or Rua nut hugger. GTFO tool

He is obviously a massive Shogun hugger, and quite the delusional one at that. His posts are a headache, there is no logic or reason just a child responding with "nu uh" because his feelings are hurt.

There's no double standards, there is no standard.

Just posting facts against false claims.

forrest didnt train hard and was mentally no there for rematch and was more excited about birth of his first child

fact: they are 1-1 against each other, 1 choke out, 1 tko

fact: shogun 5-5 in ufc, forrest 10-5

Shogun always threw wild strikes. His Muay Thai looked decent in Pride but that's about it. Maybe his knees weren't ever the same, but people need to stop making it an excuse every time he loses. The biggest factor from Pride Shogun to UFC have been the rules, without stomps & soccer kicks he's not the same guy.

Hey props to the people giving Forrest some credit in here. He is one of the more trashed on fighters around here.

I personally believe Rua is the better fighter for sure. But Forrest's win was legit and cannot be discounted. Its one of the greatest upsets ever, and my personal favorite moment in Forrest's career.

Forrest beat Shogun fair and clean, and its not like Shogun didn't tried, he was just dominated by Forrest.

Jesus cuepee... Every thread doesn't have to be gsp vs anderson thread.

Where do i bring up GSP?

Also stop lying to yourself if you think the OP and TS as a poster has any agenda other then building up Anderson comp while tearing down the comp or Fedor and others.

pretending that is not the case does not change anything.

if anything you can say to me 'lets pretend since it christmas that it is not the case this time' and maybe I will be charitable and play along. But don't ask me to lie to myself because you guys do.

You keep telling yourself that, in the meantime I'll keep posting facts cts.

Again he looked bad is not a fact.

And by your logic everyone who ever losses a fight just looks bad. Well no shit they look bad, they got beat up.

Now go look up the definition of fact and try again.

Forrest always gets it pretty hard around here.

Rashad beats tito, rashad has finally arrived and is a legit top LHW.

forrest beats tito... luck...

bones gets his 1st title defense against rampage ater kicking the shit out of him and choking him out... bones jones is for real!

forrest finishes shogun and sends rampage out the cage limping after exposing his kick defense... luck...

Gus beats a shot version of shogun... Gus is a legit LHW

forrest beats a better version of shogun than the one Gus beat... luck...

This post is awesome such a good point. I'm borrowing this if you don't mind

Was an awesome fight and result, especially being a Forrest fan. What sucked? Ordered the card that night with my dad and grandpa, and we missed this fight because the cable/picture kept cutting out and it came back on in time for the main event. We missed an incredible fight live.

I know that shit is weak as fuck. It's all to make Anderson look better which is a major gripe with me too. It's not even about Forrest, they just want to use Forrest to make Silva look better.

Why did you pick Silva and not anyone else Forrest has fought? Would it not have the same implications with everyone on his record?

I don't understand why every time Shogun doesn't have the best performance of his life, it doesn't count. He's had more "bad" performances than good ones in his UFC career so why is that not the more accurate representation of him as a fighter? Shogun is married and you have no chance with him anyway so you can stop acting like his girlfriend. It was a long, hard fight and Forrest had better cardio/heart.

forrest didnt train hard and was mentally no there for rematch and was more excited about birth of his first child

fact: they are 1-1 against each other, 1 choke out, 1 tko

Hypocritical but not surprising.

You are flat out delusional if you think this is anything more then an attempt to prop up Forrest in an attempt to build up someone Anderson beat.

You know that is 100% true and only lie to yourself because of what you need to believe.

I never even once mentioned Anderson in this thread. You did.

Your such a fanboy ;)

Back