Just rewatched Cruz vs. Cody and if you score it properly Cruz actually won

Cruz won 2 and 5. NoDad won 3 and 4. Rd 1 was close, but I can't give it to Dom. Rd 4 was 10-8, too.

With every "bounce" going Dom's way, it's still a draw- a shitty one. 48-46

I scored rounds 1, 2, and 5 to cruz
3 and 4 were definitely Cody.

The UFC scoring has always been round by round so I'm not sure you could possibly have Cody winning. Round 1 was close.

Cruz learnt a valuable lesson tonight...never leave it in the hands of the judges. It was closer than Woodley and Wonderboy that's for certain.

I think for that reason Cruz will get an instant rematch and TJ will get rivera after he beats Caraway.

Utter nonsense, I think at best you could have it as a draw but even that's giving Cruz the second round that he didn't really deserve plus of course the 1st and 5th weren't even clear rounds for him either, just rounds you could give to him but just as well give to Cody.

If Cruz gets an instant rematch its because he's favoured by the UFC, this was a bad loss in which he was outclassed much more than the scorecards reflect where as TJ's loss to Cruz was a razor close affair in which neither outclassed ther other.

A very unbiased opinion. If you were judging by significant strikes round by round. majority decision would sway towards Dom being the champion. But at the same time it could go Cody. Just a minor set back for Dom. His gameplan wasn't smart tonight he bought the fight to Cody when it was suppose be the other way around. I guess TAM finally figured out how to counter him by letting him be the aggressor.

I also believe Ronda lost via ref stoppage. He should have let the fight go on to see if she could rally.

:D

Utter nonsense, I think at best you could have it as a draw but even that's giving Cruz the second round that he didn't really deserve plus of course the 1st and 5th weren't even clear rounds for him either, just rounds you could give to him.

If Cruz gets an instant rematch its because he's favoured by the UFC, this was a bad loss in which he was outclassed much more than the scorecards reflect where as TJ's loss to Cruz was a razor close affair in which neither outclassed ther other.
You've got an interesting take
I think most people actually had the 1st for Cody pretty easily, and the 2nd was the close one

I scored it 48-46 to Cody...
Wtf Mac?

Fightmetric's definition of significant strikes:
A quick definition: significant strikes refer to all strikes at distance and power strikes in the clinch and on the ground. It does not include small, short strikes in the clinch and on the ground. Those will be included in the Total Strikes category.

and then after you're done scoring it properly, watch it properly and you'll see Cody actually won.

how can anyone be so wrong, and yet so wrong.

i love it how some people are desperately hanging on, gripping tightly to that last pube of nuthuggery hope

You have to love the way that any close round MUST be a round that there guy deserves.

The UFC scoring has always been round by round so I'm not sure you could possibly have Cody winning. Round 1 was close.

Cruz learnt a valuable lesson tonight...never leave it in the hands of the judges. It was closer than Woodley and Wonderboy that's for certain.

I think for that reason Cruz will get an instant rematch and TJ will get rivera after he beats Caraway.
LMAO

HHow the hell did cruz win the first? All 3 guys on sherdog play by play gave it to Cody. Pretty much everyone on the fight thread was saying 1-0 to Cody. I just dont know when so many people changed their views on that round

Cruz was the one falling all over the octagon. Fuck off with your point-scoring bullshit. Cruz got his ass whooped.

Nate lost the 2nd fight due to the knockdowns. Cruz got knocked down way more brutal than Nate ever did, and i say this as a Conor fan. Cruz deserved to lose based on that.

It should have been 49-45 for Cody, if scored properly.

From the MMA Unified Rules:
C) Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, effective aggressiveness and Cage/ring control. Scoring evaluations shall be made giving equal weight to effective striking and effective grappling. It will be determined on a sliding scale. If a round is affected more by striking, then striking will be weighed more heavily. If a round is affected more by grappling than grappling will be weighed more heavily. Cage/Ring Control are secondary criteria to be used when effective striking and effective grappling are even. Effective aggression will be weighed more heavily than cage/ring control. “Effective striking” is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed. These assessments include causing an opponent to appear stunned from a legal blow, causing the opponent to stagger, appearance of a cut or bruise from a legal strike and causing the opponent to show pain. Cumulative impact on a fighter will also be weighed. If neither fighter shows an advantage in impact of strikes, the number of strikes will determine the most effective striker.

“Effective grappling” is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown, reversals and submission attempts. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to a dominant position, and bottom position fighters using an active, threatening guard to create submission attempts. Submission attempts which come close to ending a fight will be weighted more highly than attempts which are easily defended. Submission attempts which cause an opponent to weaken or tire from the effort required to defend the technique will also be weighted highly in scoring. High amplitude takedowns and throws which have great impact will be scored more heavily than a takedown which does not have great impact.

“Effective aggression” is moving forward scoring with a legal technique or attacking from the guard with threatening submissions.

“Cage/Ring Control” is dictating the pace, place and position of the fight

http://herbdean.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ABC_unified_rules_of_MMA_study_guide.pdf

Don't shoot the messenger guys. Just giving my breakdown of the fight in an unbiased manner. I can look at think objectively. I even paused it at the end of each round and walked around the block to mull the key highlights.

I can see a draw if you give cody a 10-8 in the 4th but then if conor didn't get a 10-8 in rd 2 against nate you can't give it to cody so based on consistency and fairness it goes to dom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back