Just rewatched Cruz vs. Cody and if you score it properly Cruz actually won

T

The Great Macsby

I scored rounds 1, 2, and 5 to cruz
3 and 4 were definitely Cody.

The UFC scoring has always been round by round so I'm not sure you could possibly have Cody winning. Round 1 was close.

Cruz learnt a valuable lesson tonight...never leave it in the hands of the judges. It was closer than Woodley and Wonderboy that's for certain.

I think for that reason Cruz will get an instant rematch and TJ will get rivera after he beats Caraway.

There were moments during the fight where I thought Cruz landed and Cody missed and then Rogan would talk about how good Cody was.

If we go solely by strikes landed yeah Cruz won....

I'm as diehard a Cruz fan as you can get, but the amount of times he was knocked down earned him that loss. Cody beat him fair and square. It's no great shake though...just another setback for Dom to overcome and cement his already awesome legacy.

WEC and UFC champion. Overcame 2 torn ACL's to regain his title. Defeated one of the pound for pound greatest fighters in the world....and soon he will bounce back from a defeat he handled with class to reclaim his belt. Perfect career :)

T2QnBUP.jpg

The UFC scoring has always been round by round so I'm not sure you could possibly have Cody winning. Round 1 was close.

Cruz learnt a valuable lesson tonight...never leave it in the hands of the judges. It was closer than Woodley and Wonderboy that's for certain.

I think for that reason Cruz will get an instant rematch and TJ will get rivera after he beats Caraway.
Watch it a 3rd time because Cody won the fight and wears the belt.

Specsavers?

There is no way Cruz won this fight.. not even a slightest chance.. There were 4 knockdowns in 1 round, man. Cruz was punching the air most of the time and never had Cody in trouble and never had advantage anywhere.

i love it how some people are desperately hanging on, gripping tightly to that last pube of nuthuggery hope

You don't get points for touching your opponent TS

Cody was the superior fighter tonight by a large margin

Cody won round 1 without a doubt, he landed better and even took him down at the end of the round

Considering that Cruz got knockdown like 3 times while Cody was fine all along, I don't think that Cruz feels like he won no matter the scoring system.

Nah first one was sort of close but still went to Cody clearly IMO.
Was also a 10-8 for Cody in there and Cruz won 2 and 5.

While he clearly lost Cruz was still somehow close to winning because of the scoring system only.
But no matter how you watch this fight Cody still clearly won.

A few adjustments from Cruz he might be able to outpoint him.
He wins the first round it might be 2-2 going into the 5th.
But this was a clear win for Cody.

If we go solely by strikes landed yeah Cruz won....

I'm as diehard a Cruz fan as you can get, but the amount of times he was knocked down earned him that loss. Cody beat him fair and square. It's no great shake though...just another setback for Dom to overcome and cement his already awesome legacy.

WEC and UFC champion. Overcame 2 torn ACL's to regain his title. Defeated one of the pound for pound greatest fighters in the world....and soon he will bounce back from a defeat he handled with class to reclaim his belt. Perfect career :)
Yes but he should be overcoming those setbacks with a belt drapped over his shoulder. The knockdowns won cody the rounds but cruz won the other three. When every one settles down and watches it without rose-tinted glasses on they will notice the same thing. Tricky fight to score but the rules favour cruz

Back