Rewatch Just rewatched chimaev vs usman

I would love to see Usman fight with a full camp under him this time.

I like how goals shifted to where Usman should be easy for anyone on a few days notice. How can you judge Khamzat as the best he can do? Remember how Usman could only hold up Masvidal and foot stomp when Usman had a full training camp and Masvidal got off the couch? Then rematch Usman smoked him. It would be same with Khamzat.

how the hell did they gave a 10-8 in that first round? borz barely did anything other than taking him down
got outstruck in both the second and third rounds, landing nothing but fruitless takedowns

it's the second fight this dude "wins" with the judges help

Because of the rules and having like 4+ minutes of control time in the most dominant position in MMA while being hit less than 5 times.
30-26.

I'm sick of these 10-8s. Those should be reserved for nearly killing someone. It will ruin the sport, as if the judging wasnt shitty enough as is.

i remember the fight
khamzat fought the best ww of this generation

He fought Usman coming off back to back losses, one of those a scary, scary knockout. This was on 10 days notice with no preparation.

he took him down whenever he decides

This is demonstrably untrue. Usman stuffed multiple take downs in the 2nd and 3rd round.

its like usman didnt really have a choice
if khamzat decides to take him down
he goes down

Do you not have eyeballs? What is going on here the video is literally in the top of the thread. This is completely false.

You asked how he got a 10-8 round in the first round and then bring up round 2 & 3. That's not how rounds are scored.
Not sure how you can ask why a 10-8 in the first. With 4:35 out of 5:00 control time with 61-5 difference in total strikes is about as clear 10-8 as possible.
Please, for everyones sake, dont ever become a judge. Please please please, they're already retards, we don't need another one

I wonder when he will fight a ranked guy that is actually in his weight class. This guy has only fought guys smaller than him that are ranked.

The thing is Khamzat talks a very big game that he will smash everyone in the first round, 1st round its over he said before the fight so many times. So when it goes to a very close decision he is always gonna look bad and have critics.

It was a very close fight and I would score it Khamzat 2-1 or even a draw I would be fine with. But yeah he does seem a bit of a front runner and if it doesn't go to plan then he looks a bit uncomfortable.

not a single significant strike was landed in the first round
i'm sorry, a bunch of pitterpatter punches and inucuous control should not warrant a 10-8
you have a npc understanding of mma
pitter patter arm punches.
dog shit sub "attempts" (casuals get your eyes checked not even under the chin, dumb dumb broke his hand holding on to it and got slammed)
stalling and getting nothing done while having back control is a 10-8 apparently

lol @ saying the 1st round, where Kamaru had no offense whatsoever and had his back taken for minutes on end while fighting off subs... wasn't a 10-8

Tell me you have no idea what the hell you're watching without telling me you have no idea what the hell you're watching

I'm sick of these 10-8s. Those should be reserved for nearly killing someone. It will ruin the sport, as if the judging wasnt shitty enough as is.

The only problem with 10-8 rounds is that judges doesn't award enough of them.

Na, round 1 was clearly a 10-8 round, you can get those via grappling as well, not just from strikes. I had it 28-28 though as Usman out struck Khamzat in rounds 2 and 3 and Khamzat did pretty much nothing with the 2 takedowns he got in the last 2 rounds.

pitter patter arm punches.
dog shit sub "attempts" (casuals get your eyes checked not even under the chin, dumb dumb broke his hand holding on to it and got slammed)
stalling and getting nothing done while having back control is a 10-8 apparently

Pretty funny that you complain about pitty patter arm punches while having a strickland avatar :rolleyes: :

Made UFCs greatest ever defensive wrestler look like a bum? Check!

haters still hating? Check!

not a single significant strike was landed in the first round
i'm sorry, a bunch of pitterpatter punches and inucuous control should not warrant a 10-8
you have a npc understanding of mma
16-3 in sig strikes and 61-5 in total strikes. But lets go with ZERO strikes for either guy.
4:35 out of a total of 5:00 was grappling control. Fully controlling your opponent for over 90% of the time in a round with Striking being 100% equal is most certainly dominant enough for a 10-8. I get you have a problem with Khamzat, I am not a fan either, but try to make threads some level of rational thought. Whining about that being a 10-8 is pretty silly.

Please, for everyones sake, dont ever become a judge. Please please please, they're already retards, we don't need another one
WTF is wrong with you? You have no idea what you are talking about. Round 2 was a 10-9 that could go to either fighter. Usman was 12 of 19 striking and Khamzat was 12 of 23 with 1 TD and 0:41 seconds control time. Razor thin so a 10-9. You think 61-5 in total strikes differential and 4:35 out of 5:00 control time is valued the same?

If you want to disagree and debate please post how you scored the rounds and save the name calling for in person.

Back