Just re-watched the series finale to Breaking Bad...

I didn’t care much for the series finale. It did wrap things up, but not in a particularly satisfying way I think. Ozymandias was a far superior episode in every possible way.

Overall I didn’t really care for season 5. I preferred seasons 2 though 4. I also prefer Better Call Saul, which ties in nicely to those seasons.

You should go back and watch episode Ozymadias as well

Best episode of a tv show ever

Little do people know that that episode was directed by Rian Johnson who went on to direct the turd inspired film “The Last Jedi”

I think it was "shut the fuck up and let me die in peace"

Mike's death was way up there for me in terms of brilliant writing. Walt killed him awkwardly as hell, for no good reason (he could have gotten "the list" from somebody else). He kind of killed Mike like a bitch. It didn't matter how tough or cagey Mike was, everybody who depended on Walt for anything was destroyed. It also made the Grey Matter background make more sense- they must have cut Walt out of the company because of his destructive, maniacal behavior.

I always took him getting cut out of Grey Matter because he and Gretchens relationship went south and Elliot, his supposed friend stepped in and took her. I thought he met Skyler shortly after and sold his stake in the business.

I disagree. It's too clean of a wrap up, for my taste. Walt kills all the bad guys, he dies on his own terms before getting caught, gets his money to his kids, Jessie's gets to kill Todd, Jessie get's away, etc etc. This show chickened out, imo. It should have went out on a more interesting note.

I've watched the entire BB series soooooo many times. I find the more I watch it, the more holes I see. I think A LOT of peoples love with the show is based more on sentiment, versus objectivity. It's a great show, but not as full proof as some make it out to be.

Inb4 butthurt.
It didn't feel very clean to me. Jessie is completely wrecked as a human, Walt's family is destitute and still in legal trouble, it's very unlikely that Eliot and Gretchen are going to give Jr the money, Saul is dead inside, and the meth heads have nothing to smoke. Walt, in particular, went out miserably. He died after admitting his family wasn't that important to him, bleeding out in a pool of his own ego on the floor of a low-rent lab. It's like a trailer park after a hurricane. The only thing I did feel was too "neat" was the Nazis all being wiped out so easily.

I always took him getting cut out of Grey Matter because he and Gretchens relationship went south and Elliot, his supposed friend stepped in and took her. I thought he met Skyler shortly after and sold his stake in the business.
Maybe I'm reading too much into that. I feel like that's the reason that Walt or people arguing for Walt would give, but that the underlying personality flaws of Walt are what drove him and Gretchen apart. They never go into detail, except to say that Gretchen was surprised by Walt leaving her. It could be as simple as her having an affair with Elliott, but I doubt it.

the 1 bad thing about the finale is Jesse lives.
it should have ended with Jesse driving out of there, blowing a stop sign due to his happiness to be free once again, only to get t-boned by a semi doing 70mph, which obliterates the car and Jesse within it.

Little do people know that that episode was directed by Rian Johnson who went on to direct the turd inspired film “The Last Jedi”

Guess he should stick to directing tv episodes?

Agree on this being a great ending. Another series with a nice ending was House.

As a big Badfinger fan, the ending was awesome.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that. I feel like that's the reason that Walt or people arguing for Walt would give, but that the underlying personality flaws of Walt are what drove him and Gretchen apart. They never go into detail, except to say that Gretchen was surprised by Walt leaving her. It could be as simple as her having an affair with Elliott, but I doubt it.
Well here we are years later still talking about it, just goes to show what a great series it was.

the 1 bad thing about the finale is Jesse lives.
it should have ended with Jesse driving out of there, blowing a stop sign due to his happiness to be free once again, only to get t-boned by a semi doing 70mph, which obliterates the car and Jesse within it.
Jessie fucked up to mental retard levels on multiple occasions and created bad situations or made them worse.

Liked him kinda... still wanted him to be killed off lol

Jessie fucked up to mental retard levels on multiple occasions and created bad situations or made them worse.

I can only expect he would continue to have a terrible life despite getting away.
His finger prints would be all over that meth lab, not to mention dna.

Really? I thought the first and second season were slow and almost didn’t keep watching but from there shit got crazier and crazier. I didn’t know what else they could do after they killed gus and that season ended but then hank caught on to him and the final season was even more intense.

It’s rare for shows to get better every season and then end before they’ve been on too long. BB was one of the few shows to pull it off.
Agreed. The show only gets better and better. In fact, I almost stopped watching the show after the 2nd episode of season 1 but my buddy convinced me it got better.

I remember once on FB during the last season this girl tried to defend Jessie and calling out Walt and how fucked up he is. I never responded to shit on FB but I fucking went off. I started listing all the shit Jessie did and how fucked up he was. She came back and was like "You know what your right".

It also made the Grey Matter background make more sense- they must have cut Walt out of the company because of his destructive, maniacal behavior.

I'm confused I always thought that he choose to sell his portion of the company and walk away back before they did anything big? Or was it that he refused a job offer after really helping them? I forget which but I never got the impression that they pushed him away.

It didn't feel very clean to me. Jessie is completely wrecked as a human, Walt's family is destitute and still in legal trouble, it's very unlikely that Eliot and Gretchen are going to give Jr the money, Saul is dead inside, and the meth heads have nothing to smoke. Walt, in particular, went out miserably. He died after admitting his family wasn't that important to him, bleeding out in a pool of his own ego on the floor of a low-rent lab. It's like a trailer park after a hurricane. The only thing I did feel was too "neat" was the Nazis all being wiped out so easily.

- Yes, Jessie is a wreck...but he'll heal, and he's finally free and clear. Odds are he'll be in Brock's life, and live great. He's a strong guy.

- Dude, the point of Elliot and Gretchen paying his family was VERY well made. He literally put the fear of God in them. They think there's professional hitmen watching them, making sure that task is completed. Considering what Walt has done, they would have zero reason to doubt that threat isn't real. The family will get that money, and they will be more then fine. They're safe and can move forward in time.

- Saul got away, better then actually being dead. You're reaching.

- Meth heads will always have something to smoke...now you're just being desperate and obtuse. It just won't be 99% pure, they'll live.

- Walt didn't go out miserably. You're assuming that, because you're soft and sentimental. Just because Walt admitted he loved what he did, and obviously to the determent of his family, it doesn't mean he didn't genuinely love his family...it's not an either/or situation. Look at the lengths he went to in the end, to make sure they're paid and safe. In fact, Walt is happy at the end, you see his smile as he reminisces about what he did, walking through the lab. Walt admitting to Skyler that he liked it, he was setting himself free...that may seem "miserable" to you, but not to him. Be thy nature. He cleansed himself, and Skyler finally got the truth from him. There was complete closer between them.

- "bleeding out in a pool of his own ego on the floor of a low-rent lab" (face palm). Dude, leave the poetry to the poetics. This is an easy flip: he died peacefully after killing all of those Nazi's and destroying their lab. He won...back to my original comment. Everything is very neat, tidy and very well thought out. For the generic masses, like yourself, it's super duper...you need that.

I still stand by my original assessment. Great show, could have been much better. I'll take heat for this, but I think BCS is better. I think they learned from their "mistakes" with BB (Kim ---> Skyler). Yes it's much slower, but the writing is sharper, imo. It's a slow boil.

- Yes, Jessie is a wreck...but he'll heal, and he's finally free and clear. Odds are he'll be in Brock's life, and live great. He's a strong guy.

- Dude, the point of Elliot and Gretchen paying his family was VERY well made. He literally put the fear of God in them. They think there's professional hitmen watching them, making sure that task is completed. Considering what Walt has done, they would have zero reason to doubt that threat isn't real. The family will get that money, and they will be more then fine. They're safe and can move forward in time.

- Saul got away, better then actually being dead. You're reaching.

- Meth heads will always have something to smoke...now you're just being desperate and obtuse. It just won't be 99% pure, they'll live.

- Walt didn't go out miserably. You're assuming that, because you're soft and sentimental. Just because Walt admitted he loved what he did, and obviously to the determent of his family, it doesn't mean he didn't genuinely love his family...it's not an either/or situation. Look at the lengths he went to in the end, to make sure they're paid and safe. In fact, Walt is happy at the end, you see his smile as he reminisces about what he did, walking through the lab. Walt admitting to Skyler that he liked it, he was setting himself free...that may seem "miserable" to you, but not to him. Be thy nature. He cleansed himself, and Skyler finally got the truth from him. There was complete closer between them.

- "bleeding out in a pool of his own ego on the floor of a low-rent lab" (face palm). Dude, leave the poetry to the poetics. This is an easy flip: he died peacefully after killing all of those Nazi's and destroying their lab. He won...back to my original comment. Everything is very neat, tidy and very well thought out. For the generic masses, like yourself, it's super duper...you need that.

I still stand by my original assessment. Great show, could have been much better. I'll take heat for this, but I think BCS is better. I think they learned from their "mistakes" with BB (Kim ---> Skyler). Yes it's much slower, but the writing is sharper, imo. It's a slow boil.
This is Mayberry, dude. You wanna start with the personal trash talk, we should take it somewhere else.

My assessment is better, much more realistic and better fits the characters. Jessie is clearly beyond recovery. Elliott and Gretchen are never going to commit felonies for a dead Walt, they're going straight to the FBI. Walt's "peace" is a mere rationalization for the most epic possible failure as a father, husband, and druglord.

Rewatched the whole show a couple of weeks ago. First two season were meh, but the last 3 were great. The ending was great because it wrapped up a lot of things. Very few questions left unanswered.

Back