Just re-watched Gustafsson vs Manuwa

giphy.gif

finally finished this last season, holy shit what a way to end. cant believe we gotta wait till next year for more

Ah, the Gus apologist. Shitting on Jones for his eye pokes, but forgiving Gus for the same thing. Please don't change. You provide the unintended comic relief this site so dearly needs...

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Zzzzzzz...

Ah, the Gus apologist. Shitting on Jones for his eye pokes, but forgiving Gus for the same thing. Please don't change. You provide the unintended comic relief this site so dearly needs...

You should look at my posts. I have defended Jones at pretty much every turn, he is one of my favorites...as is Gustafsson. I'm a Bones 'apologist' just as much as I am a Mauler 'apologist'.

Jones outstretches his fingers to test range. It isn't illegal. I don't think the 'eye-pokes' are deliberate, nor do I think it's a big deal (he's only actually 'eye-poked' in two fights and nobody, aside from Rampage, has said anything about it). If refs call him on it he'll stop. I don't think it's won him any fights, nor has it caused anybody to lose...talent's done that. I say go for it until it stops working.

As for Alex, he poked Manuwa in the fight, but it wasn't deliberate. It happens, especially with guys who have a long reach. Even Manuwa said it wasn't significant. From the gifs presented it looks like he has a closed fist.

If you're still wrecking people what does it matter?

He's technical, yes very technical. Precision puncher you see. A real craftsman.

hmmm .. when i was watching it live, i remember the stoppage being ok .. but looking at the gif, it seems early ... was it a good stoppage?

I saw a chart that shows he lands more punches per minute than anyone at lhw

At least several months ago

Back