Just re-watched Gustafsson vs Manuwa

One punch KO power is nice but as long as you finish fights, who really cares? Nick Diaz isn't a heavy puncher by any means but if you go toe to toe with him, it's almost certain that you're going to sleep.

Robbie Lawler may disagree with you.

I didn't say that. Please don't lump me in with the people who think Jones has cleared out top-LHW opposition by using reach and fingers.

tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png

Well come on man 90% of this forum are like that haha.

I wasn't saying Gus wouldn't of got the finish but it did seem to get to manuwa... He should of taken the 5 minutes I guess not just went on. Still love Gus attempted flip Hahaha

Am I the only one that thinks the eye poke helped him get the finish?

Same thing happened in the Jared Hamman fight.
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm......

We need the world's greatest detective, Jake Shields.

I have first hand experience and yeah, Alex hits hard :) But as people have said, he doesn't unload all his weight and power into every shot but his timing and accuracy is what is lethal with him. I think the Manuwa fight is a really good example of that.

Explain yourself. Did you spar him??

No, but than a lot of people believe there are reptiles running Congress so you're in good company.

One of the best responses I've read on Sherdog in a long time. Thank you for a genuine belly laugh. :icon_chee

You know, I could express myself more eloquently than I'm going to, but I won't. Gustaffson brutalised a dangerous opponent, clinically as you like.

Explain yourself. Did you spar him??

Trained at the same clubs the last couple of years yeah.

And no, I haven't been assaulted by him lol. It's really difficult to imagine, since he's the most mellow and calm dude in the whole club prolly.

He's no where close to being a power puncher but he finishes fights,that's cool in my book.

Name one "power" puncher that held a belt for a long time. Hendo is the closest thing you can get I guess.

Sure, Fedor turned into a headhuner in the end but he also started losing then.

Literally everyone that is considered a power puncher gets dismantled by quality opponents.

Trained at the same clubs the last couple of years yeah.

And no, I haven't been assaulted by him lol. It's really difficult to imagine, since he's the most mellow and calm dude in the whole club prolly.

I was jk lol I'm a huge fan of his and that's awesome you got to spar with him.

No, but than a lot of people believe there are reptiles running Congress so you're in good company.

Ah, the Gus apologist. Shitting on Jones for his eye pokes, but forgiving Gus for the same thing. Please don't change. You provide the unintended comic relief this site so dearly needs...

Back