Just re-watched Gustafsson vs Manuwa

Cigano Pwnz**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My question would be - does Alex has one punch knockout power at all? His boxing seems to be accurate but not much power in it. What do you think?

1-1-1.gif

Last edited:
The mauler is not a power puncher nor is he among the most powerful punchers but he knocked out the janitor with a jab.

He does have knockout power.

One punch KO power is nice but as long as you finish fights, who really cares? Nick Diaz isn't a heavy puncher by any means but if you go toe to toe with him, it's almost certain that you're going to sleep.

Watch his fights with the janitor and hamill. Rampage couldn't even put hamill away and he was unloading on him the whole fight

Power punches are not part of his style. He's more of a technical striker. That said, he definitely has power in his punches & a great killer instinct.

stand in front of him & let him tee off on your head. Its powerful.

Am I the only one that thinks the eye poke helped him get the finish?

you can be a power puncher all you like but if you're not accurate with your strikes theres no point one thing that makes gus's striking look so crisp is hes very accurate he doesnt just wing shots at people hoping one finds its mark, he lines up and clips people on target

Am I the only one that thinks the eye poke helped him get the finish?

No, but than a lot of people believe there are reptiles running Congress so you're in good company.

He's more of a technical puncher, he rather lands than swing at air. Watch Hamill vs. Gustafsson for instance. He packs quite a punch when he actually puts power in his punches. Dude hits hard.

In essence, he's a good boxer. Good boxers don't put everything into all of their shots.

No, but than a lot of people believe there are reptiles running Congress so you're in good company.

Yea sorry I forgot only jones eye pokes help him finish fights.

You came to the right place for a true answer lol goodnight.

I have first hand experience and yeah, Alex hits hard :) But as people have said, he doesn't unload all his weight and power into every shot but his timing and accuracy is what is lethal with him. I think the Manuwa fight is a really good example of that.

i like how in this 8 sec gif hes literally doing the same "eyepoke" technique jones does and yet hes gets 0% shit for it on sherdog.

hell they even gave him a warning for it in the fight but still no shit for gus.

i personally think its a brilliant technique and have no problems with it and think gus is the bext boxer in mma.

but that double standard is fucking amazing.

i like how in this 8 sec gif hes literally doing the same "eyepoke" technique jones does and yet hes gets 0% shit for it on sherdog.

hell they even gave him a warning for it in the fight but still no shit for gus.

i personally think its a brilliant technique and have no problems with it and think gus is the bext boxer in mma.

but that double standard is fucking amazing.

It looks like his fist is closed to me...

knockout power yes, but not a power puncher as such. not that it matters.

The mauler is not a power puncher nor is he among the most powerful punchers but he knocked out the janitor with a jab.

He does have knockout power.

your comment is strange. You are saying that someone who is not a power puncher can still be among the most powerful punchers.

Yes, is what your comment means.

Back