Just make Rousey vs Cyborg at 135, doesn't matter if she doesn't make weight...

Wait, what? How doesn't it matter if she doesn't make weight? Wouldn't that mean Ronda would be down at 135 while Cyborg comes in at whatever weight she wants? Unless Ronda also doesn't bother to make weight, but then it may as well be a catch weight fight anyways.

To be honest, I was under the impression that they needed to create a new division even for a catchweight, if Cyborg won of course. Might be my mistake here.

Serious question, how old are you?

I'm turning 12 years old soon

I got a solution, if Cyborg misses weight, she gorgeous 75% of her salary to rousey.

I honestly believe that when the UFC says 135 they would be willing to let cyborg miss weight up to about 139. I also believe that if its 140 cyborg will come in way heavier.

At 139 and below I bet Ronda agrees. I realize there are other issues when a fighter misses by so much so it's what it is

Because she would go up to fight Carano or Ali, and talks about beating heavyweight men. If she was content to say she was the best 135lb woman on the planet, there would be very few people who would have a problem with any of this (there will always be someone), because she defends that in a top organization, by the rules, in front of everyone.

She also competed against recreational men and recreational heavy weight women in judo, but refused to compete against men or heavy weight women in Olympic judo.

That makes her a coward right? Because if you can compete against men and heavy women who do judo a couple days a week, you can also compete in the Olympics against men and heavy women.

Basically, saying she'd fight Carano or Ali at heavier weights is insulting them, its saying they're not serious competitors (which Carano isn't after being retired for years, and in MMA terms, Ali never was).

This is common sense - do you really think she should have tried to compete against men in the Olympics because she competed against week end warrior men?

As for her talking, yeah, she's got a big mouth and its extremely annoying - she says things she doesn't believe. On the other hand, Cyborg has said things that aren't true too - for instance she claimed she wasn't using PED's just before getting popped, she lied about her bikini weight at the weigh in. Which is more understandable - fibbing about who you can beat, or fibbing about PED's and weigh in results? I think its easier to understand lying about who you can beat than lying about cheating.

...it will be an exhibition match-up, but at least the fight would happen, the fight would be at 135 so even if Cyborg won they wouldn't need to create a new category. This seems like the solution, other than Ronda finally agreeing the catch-weight (instead of pretending she can beat any men) or instead of seeing Ronda leave the UFC.

The UFC and Ronda seem to believe she cannot lose anyway, why duck this solution?

Cyborg should be forced to have a tune-up fight at 135 and if she can't make 135 for the tune up then no championship contract. The stipulation for the championship fight should be if you don't make make then 100% of purse to the other fighters charity of choice and the obviously belt doesn't change hands. No need for lumberjacks as we have the octagon.

Fedor-The-Last-Emperor.jpg

worth a thousand words

Winner.

Yeah when she can call out Gina instead.

She didn't "call out" Gina, you moron. She was asked if she'd fight her and said yes. There's a difference but to Ronda's ignorant criticts truth doesn't amount to hill of beans, proven by the idiocy posted in every Ronda thread. i.e., "Ronda's ducking", "Dana's protecting Ronda", "Dana & Ronda will give a catchweight for Gina but not Justino", "Ronda's calling out (insert name of any male fighter)", "Ronda dropped to 135 to avoid Justino", "ronda said she wasn't ready for Justino", "Ronda's ugly", "Ronda must be juicing", "Schaub said Ronda's coochie smells",.......... You guys need to get a life, but first get out of the basement and extract cranium from rectum.

Back