Just got home from Rickson Budo Challenge, details inside

Aoki is awesome, i saw his fights in ADCC and the only times he lost was to roger and marcelo

Was there really world class judokas competing.Closest thing I see in that list is Aoki, who has competed in all japan and even won matches there. This makes him great judoka and and propably better than many US champions, but it

I'd like to know who the judoka were that competed. Anyone know where it lists the competitors/brackets/results?

TapouTime said:
marcello lost to cameron earle via points but if it were a JJ match marcelo would still have lost

Are you sure? We kept track and had Marcello up on points with his guard pass. Oh well, can't really compare the two because of the rounds system. Marcello took Cameron's back at the very end of the first round but didn't get his hooks in. If it were a standard JJ match, he would have had more time and maybe got his hooks in. Regardless though, Marcello did NOT look like his usual self and was either injured or out of shape. No disrepect to Cameron though, that guy's an animal.

Don Gollito said:
Rolles was the only Gracie in the competition. As mentioned, there were a number of Gracie's and Machado's in attendance. Rickson was the MC, and he used the mic a lot to welcome everyone and give people updates, etc.

When Rolles lost, he looked completely disgusted. I'm sure it was hard for Rolles to get tapped in front of his family.

Personally, it looked like Rolles had the upper hand in the beginning, then it kind of looked like he started to gas, and then Rafael Lovato capitalized with Rolles in kind of a turtle position. Then Rafael caught Rolles with a collar choke, and Rolles tapped to the choke with Rafael kind of on his back/side (a variation of maybe a clock choke position/referee's position).

What made it worse was, because of the format of the production (a TV pilot?), they had to "parade" the winner and the loser SLOWLY. They raised the winner's hand about 4 times, facing each direction, and it was done slowly and deliberately.

After Rolles endured all of that, he had to walk to his "corner" (not really a corner, but a ramp where you walked off the stage), where Renzo was waiting for him. That seemed like a prolongation of the ordeal.

I would love to see Rolles Gracie go against Roger Gracie. They're both talented and have similar body types, maybe 6'5".

Rolles and Roger go back and forth in training. The one thing that separates them is attitude. One is stubborn as hell and is determined to be a champion. One is like "dude............". I believe Rolles is smoother and flows better.............

Rolles is a great guy, it sucks that he lost.

I get to watch Rafael Lovato jr compete next weekend so i will be sure ot keep my eye on him.

sakufan said:
Rolles and Roger go back and forth in training. The one thing that separates them is attitude. One is stubborn as hell and is determined to be a champion. One is like "dude............". I believe Rolles is smoother and flows better.............

Unless I misunderstood, this means that in your estimation Rolles is actually better than Roger?

If this is the case, the level of competition must be pretty intense.

dude that event was the greatest! i got perfect seats, i was able to go in before everyone else! i should have brought my camera because i came in through the back. Leo Vieria almost lost

and cameron earle/marcello garcia isn't an upset. They fought as browns and cameron earle tapped him

Ghostrider said:
Unless I misunderstood, this means that in your estimation Rolles is actually better than Roger?

If this is the case, the level of competition must be pretty intense.

roger is the better grappler, rolles is a natural..........now if only he trains half as much as roger.............

kid dynamite said:
and cameron earle/marcello garcia isn't an upset. They fought as browns and cameron earle tapped him
Why? they're both black belts. Why did they fight as browns? I cant understand how Marcello could lose to Cameron. Earle is awsome but Marcello has just been on a different level lately.

jamison said:
Why? they're both black belts. Why did they fight as browns? I cant understand how Marcello could lose to Cameron. Earle is awsome but Marcello has just been on a different level lately.

brown belt is before black belt and thats how they fought as browns before. and yeah i was mad that marcello lost, but it happens

kid dynamite said:
brown belt is before black belt and thats how they fought as browns before. and yeah i was mad that marcello lost, but it happens
I realize brown is before black, I train Jiu Jitsu. i thought you said they fought at the budo tournament as browns. Now I realize they fought yrs ago.

kid dynamite said:

I guess he has Marcelo's number.

Rolles will be back for revenge.

johil d'o said:
Dude - that is patently absurd. I've seen Kron Gracie lose to an American guy with a gi many times as a juvenile and as a blue belt. Gracies have to tap to learn how to do BJJ just like anyone else, and Gracies have trained in many cities throughout America. Believe me when I tell you that a Gracie has tapped to an American on many occasions. C'mon, what kind of comment is that?

it's not absurd at all. nobody counts shit until they are a black belt. it is like amateur vs. professional. bravo was the first american to tap a gracie at abu dabi. i'm sure somewhere some american ta[pped a gracie kid but it doesn't count

Back