Just got home from Rickson Budo Challenge, details inside

Inquiring minds want to know :

Did Rickson or Kron throw any water bottles at this tournament, or do they only do that at other people's tournaments?

i dont know about the water bottles, but at least ralph isnt knocking out guys on crutches anymore :D

lol @ water bottle comment

I actually saw it so I find it funny that people on Sherdog even know about it. haha

You forgot to mention that Bibiano fought some guy from Ricco's team and tapped him out with a flying triangle about 30 seconds into the fight.

you frogot Xande Ribiero and his brother saulo lovato jr tapped out rolles gracie jr via gi choke.... it was awesome event i met every fighter marcello lost to cameron earle via points but if it were a JJ match marcelo would still have lost CAMERON earle domin. that was suprising.. leozinho did the craziest armbar i have ever seen in my life and submitted barret yoshida i mean it was free i got to chill with everyone before the event and afterwards we went to an after party in santa monica with andre galvao and he took us to meet everyone and lets just say that BJJ fighters def party.. i was adcc and this was way cooler because all the fighters were chilling in the crowd i got to watch jacare warm up...hes the best and there were all kinds of celebs... eddie bravo ricco rodriquez ed oneil rorion leka and RICKSON

OK sounds like there was a lot of action. Now I really need to see this. Isn't there an official website?

I went to buy a sandwich and Rickson literally bumped into me and cut in front of me! I shook his hand, and he was a gentleman. He has this suave latin kinda thing going on. Like a ricky ricardo.
That sandwhich must of tasted like god himself after that

Unfortunately I couldn't escape work in the middle of the afternoon to go check it out. But the word at Rickson's school is that Rickson may be airing this on a television/cable TV show in the near future.

It's actually hilarous how Rickson just cuts in line.

You can't say anything about it, because it's Rickson Gracie and it's his tournament.

And it's Rickson Gracie.

TapouTime said:
you frogot Xande Ribiero and his brother saulo lovato jr tapped out rolles gracie jr via gi choke.... it was awesome event i met every fighter marcello lost to cameron earle via points but if it were a JJ match marcelo would still have lost CAMERON earle domin. that was suprising.. leozinho did the craziest armbar i have ever seen in my life and submitted barret yoshida i mean it was free i got to chill with everyone before the event and afterwards we went to an after party in santa monica with andre galvao and he took us to meet everyone and lets just say that BJJ fighters def party.. i was adcc and this was way cooler because all the fighters were chilling in the crowd i got to watch jacare warm up...hes the best and there were all kinds of celebs... eddie bravo ricco rodriquez ed oneil rorion leka and RICKSON

yeah that is awesome that lovato jr. tapped rolls jr.

he told me on staurday night that he was going to be the first american to tap a gracie with a gi, and he made good on that prediction.

Back to the handshake, Do Not Forget, Do Not Wash Your Hands Forever.

hamoom said:
I went to buy a sandwich and Rickson literally bumped into me and cut in front of me! I shook his hand...

Dude, do you realize you could've kept your grip on his hand and hit him with a flying armbar?

We could've all been screaming, "Hamoom by armbar!"

DMcKayBJJ said:
Dude, do you realize you could've kept your grip on his hand and hit him with a flying armbar?

We could've all been screaming, "Hamoom by armbar!"

rofl

Sounds like you had a good time brotha. I hope they release some footage soon.

DirectDrive said:
yeah that is awesome that lovato jr. tapped rolls jr.

he told me on staurday night that he was going to be the first american to tap a gracie with a gi, and he made good on that prediction.

Dude - that is patently absurd. I've seen Kron Gracie lose to an American guy with a gi many times as a juvenile and as a blue belt. Gracies have to tap to learn how to do BJJ just like anyone else, and Gracies have trained in many cities throughout America. Believe me when I tell you that a Gracie has tapped to an American on many occasions. C'mon, what kind of comment is that?

Ko Soto Gari said:
How did the Judo guys do?

they did pretty well.

shinya aoki won his division, but i dont believe hes a pure judo guy

i think he may be talking about a gracie black belt loss, in a straight gi match.

infamous mattyd said:
sucks rolles lost...

Rolles was the only Gracie in the competition. As mentioned, there were a number of Gracie's and Machado's in attendance. Rickson was the MC, and he used the mic a lot to welcome everyone and give people updates, etc.

When Rolles lost, he looked completely disgusted. I'm sure it was hard for Rolles to get tapped in front of his family.

Personally, it looked like Rolles had the upper hand in the beginning, then it kind of looked like he started to gas, and then Rafael Lovato capitalized with Rolles in kind of a turtle position. Then Rafael caught Rolles with a collar choke, and Rolles tapped to the choke with Rafael kind of on his back/side (a variation of maybe a clock choke position/referee's position).

What made it worse was, because of the format of the production (a TV pilot?), they had to "parade" the winner and the loser SLOWLY. They raised the winner's hand about 4 times, facing each direction, and it was done slowly and deliberately.

After Rolles endured all of that, he had to walk to his "corner" (not really a corner, but a ramp where you walked off the stage), where Renzo was waiting for him. That seemed like a prolongation of the ordeal.

I would love to see Rolles Gracie go against Roger Gracie. They're both talented and have similar body types, maybe 6'5".

It is good to see that the new generation of Gracies is stepping up to compete. It really is an even setting now. The Gracies did not hold back on teaching.

Back