Just Got Done With A Rickson Seminar

Man this is the Jiu Jitsu version of a cock tease!!

It was at Axis...that much I'm sure.

I hear that Rickson teaches the pull guard and armbar combination and uses that to segway into triangle heaven, so it's no wonder that he doesn't want his secrets out.

I hear that Rickson teaches the pull guard and armbar combination and uses that to segway into triangle heaven, so it's no wonder that he doesn't want his secrets out.

*jots down notes*

Whats the point in starting a thread about a seminar you wont even discuss the details to? It would've been much better off not saying anything about it at all.

Whats the point in starting a thread about a seminar you wont even discuss the details to? It would've been much better off not saying anything about it at all.

the point? the point of this thread was for the TS and the other guy who attended to brag and basically say "yea we went to a rickson seminar so IN YOUR FACE".....its sad really

Wow this is a potentially awesome thread that sucks

the point? the point of this thread was for the TS and the other guy who attended to brag and basically say "yea we went to a rickson seminar so IN YOUR FACE".....its sad really
Sort of..But it was definately more of a promotion to fellow threaders to not miss out on a Rickson seminar, Because it was 4 hours that totally up my training efficiency and understanding of "pure" Jiu Jits and i think Gzus can Vouch.

Sort of..But it was definately more of a promotion to fellow threaders to not miss out on a Rickson seminar, Because it was 4 hours that totally up my training efficiency and understanding of "pure" Jiu Jits and i think Gzus can Vouch.

Or you could be part of the Hixon marketing/hype machine and therefore you can help bamboozle more folks into going to the seminars without knwing it's content before hand.

Until we here some details we can assume that this is just a marketing ploy.

Reminds me of the Matt Furey stuff that is out there.

I think you guys all have your panties ina bunch over nothing.

2 legit guys (see Galvao vid thread) post that they had an awesome experience at seminar with Rickson and that it would be well worth it to attend if you should ever have the opportunity.

Why the hell do you expect them to type all they did into their comp and post it on a forum.

I think that would be somewhat respectful to ANY teacher that puts up a seminar to just throw it all out there.

Additionally a lot of the stuff seems to have been about the understanding of jiu jitsu, which is hard to explain for one and also rather personal.

Why should they share that with people that make comments about Rickson hype like the guy above.

Way to overreact sherdog.

Or you could be part of the Hixon marketing/hype machine and therefore you can help bamboozle more folks into going to the seminars without knwing it's content before hand.

Until we here some details we can assume that this is just a marketing ploy.

Reminds me of the Matt Furey stuff that is out there.

Stand up, go look into a mirror and ask yourself: "Did I really just mean to compare Matt Furrey with Rickson Gracie?" Then come back.

Stand up, go look into a mirror and ask yourself: "Did I really just mean to compare Matt Furrey with Rickson Gracie?" Then come back.

Not the people.

The "secret" methods of marketing the product. quite similar from what I have read on this thread.

Lots of " You will learn great stuff" while never showing what the "great stuff" is.

how much did the seminar cost?

kind of curious what a rickson seminar costs.

Not the people.

The "secret" methods of marketing the product. quite similar from what I have read on this thread.

Lots of " You will learn great stuff" while never showing what the "great stuff" is.

What are those secret methods??? Show me.

How is this particular incident a "secret marketing method" that is different from what most every blackbelt does.

I have been to seminars and some great BB from Brazil that less of a history in the sport don't let you film, or would not appreciate you to go out on a forum to post in detail what you learned.

Plus, how does the way 2 guys respectfully talk about their experience have to do with Rickson's marketing??

I think you guys all have your panties ina bunch over nothing.

2 legit guys (see Galvao vid thread) post that they had an awesome experience at seminar with Rickson and that it would be well worth it to attend if you should ever have the opportunity.

Why the hell do you expect them to type all they did into their comp and post it on a forum.

I think that would be somewhat respectful to ANY teacher that puts up a seminar to just throw it all out there.

Additionally a lot of the stuff seems to have been about the understanding of jiu jitsu, which is hard to explain for one and also rather personal.

Why should they share that with people that make comments about Rickson hype like the guy above.

Way to overreact sherdog.

I'm sorry, there is nothing that can in any way be typed here that would spoil the experience of going to an actual Rickson seminar. Aesopeian took notes at his Marcelo seminar and shared them with us? Was that disrespectful? He's just sharing the knowledge of jiu jitsu which is how it should be. There are no secrets in jiu jitsu. And besides, I say again, nothing that could be written here would in any way duplicate the experience of an actual seminar, though they could be helpful to some.

What are those secret methods??? Show me.

How is this particular incident a "secret marketing method" that is different from what most every blackbelt does.

I have been to seminars and some great BB from Brazil that less of a history in the sport don't let you film, or would not appreciate you to go out on a forum to post in detail what you learned.

Plus, how does the way 2 guys respectfully talk about their experience have to do with Rickson's marketing??

Shanghai,
read the post just below yours to see my point.

That is the thing, to not be allowed or even discouraged to share the experience to me is tacky.
I am not saying POST a VIDEO of the event a simple we went over this that or the other would suffice. Or we worked on a number of finishes of this setup or the mentality of training we learned help me because as Rickson said "blah blah blah"...

That is the point. WHY even bother to hide it?
It should be shred, there are speakers that do seminars all the time that command from $10k-$100K to speak for an hour or 2 and they dont even have a stipulation about sharing info.

I just think its a ilttle ridiculous thats all.

Back