Just a thought on Cejudo/Johnson 3

DJ deserves immediate rematch, and he should be pushing hard for it.

The longer it takes for a rematch, the less chance DJ has of winning. Cejudo is the superior athlete and is still improving rapidly while DJ has peaked.

DJ is injured and is focused on recovery. No reason Cejudo can't defend the belt in the meantime. It would make the third fight more meaningful if he gets another win or two.

DJ deserves immediate rematch, and he should be pushing hard for it.

The longer it takes for a rematch, the less chance DJ has of winning. Cejudo is the superior athlete and is still improving rapidly while DJ has peaked.
Very few ex-champs won an immediate rematch. Shogun vs Machida is the only example that comes to mind and the first fight was scored badly.

Joanna Contender, CoGar and Anderson are just some recent examples.

Cejudo not fighting DJ is nothing more than cowardice and ducking. DJ had the belt for 6 years, dominated the division, finished Cejudo's bloated ass, barely lost a close split decision.

The thing is DJ's not trying to get a rematch. I'm not going to say that DJ's past his prime or anything but I think he's not motivated anymore.

I despise Mighty Mouse and his fighting style but over 10 title defenses? Ya they gotta fight again. If he wins boom done he's the best Flyweight and knocked off MM for good. Getting picky and choosy with this shit is more of the same in the WME era.

The thing is DJ's not trying to get a rematch. I'm not going to say that DJ's past his prime or anything but I think he's not motivated anymore.

The pay situation is probably it. He can make more money from Twitch than he can UFC

I hate immediate rematches

But DJ is an exception that deserves one

Especially with the detail that DJ beat him once and only lost a split decision

I don’t think DJ gets a (deserved) immediate rematch. I expect Cejudo to have a very quick turnaround to his first defense. I think Dana and company wants to see what Cejudo can do $-wise (amount they pay him vs PPV buys) on his next fight without DJ. Probably push the Mexican angle....

If Cejudo does well (meaning makes them more money than expected) ....Dana might get on some “back of the line” bullshit. If Cejudo flops (profit wise...win or lose) I think DJ gets a title shot at that point.

Henry is perfectly right. Mighty Mouse has no personality and likes to fight easy matchups like #13 at the time Cariaso or avoiding TJ for Ray Borg and Henry thinking it will be easier. It backfired on him.

I hate his play it safe career path and I'm happy that Cejudo is here and immediately willing to fight TJ. This fight peaks up my interest. I'm interested in the 125 lbs division for the first time in years.

Demetrious should go and fight someone like Formiga and get a finish so we're more excited for the rematch. I have absolutely no interest in a rematch right now. He is injured anyway so no need to speak about him now.

Back