Just a thought on Cejudo/Johnson 3

Quite the anti-climatic end to the longest title reign in mma history.. A fight that by all means should have been a draw but really could have gone either way with neither fighter really doing much damage to either opponent whatsoever. A stalemate.. with the long reigning champ not getting the nod like they usually do...

Draw man.. fuck I hate split decisions. Honestly with very competent judges any splits should just be counted as draws.. for something that important to have them disagreeing just never sits well with me. Easily MM could have extended his already impressive as fuck defense streak to 12 and then probably move up to fight TJ; which hopefully we will be getting anyways - but at least now DJ has everything to gain in that potential title fight.

Cejudo should rematch DJ. I don't like immediate rematches but this specific situation calls for one 100%.

Cejudo vs TJ is a studid idea. Assuncao and Moraes (hell, even Cruz) have a much more compelling claim to a title shot than Henry does.

I don't give a fuck about the flyweight division. I wish they would just combine it with bantamweight

I don't give a fuck about the flyweight division. I wish they would just combine it with bantamweight
I think they should be added to Heavyweight and be used as projectiles.
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_11-50-43.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-19_11-50-43.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
There will be a third fight but don’t care for it. MM most likely wins.

DJ should have an immediate rematch, but is injured. Cant fight if you're injured.

DJ deserves immediate rematch, and he should be pushing hard for it.

The longer it takes for a rematch, the less chance DJ has of winning. Cejudo is the superior athlete and is still improving rapidly while DJ has peaked.
The thing is DJ Is not pushing at all for it... like at all.

Isn't DJ injured anyways? he busted up his leg I think he said

Let DJ recover while Cejudo takes a fight (NOT TJ GODDAMMIT) and then DJ can get a rematch when he comes back and the fight has had some time to build and simmer a little

Henry Cejudo is going on about: "we need new storylines in our division, that's why I won't fight DJ again".

I could see this.

If he didn't finish you in the first round

and you didn't barely get a decision from the judges (which some disagree with)

Henry is being a punk, Champ with most title defences (DJ),
deserves a rematch more than any other champ.

What say you guys?

Cejudo not fighting DJ is nothing more than cowardice and ducking. DJ had the belt for 6 years, dominated the division, finished Cejudo's bloated ass, barely lost a close split decision.

Of course DJ deserves an automatic rematch, and he'll get one because Cejudo isn't a big enough star to throw his weight around and start choosing his own fights. TJ vs Cejudo also isn't a big enough superfight that it can't be passed up either.

You beat MM by razor thin (split) decision. MM beat you in one round and has the most successful title defenses in history. Stop ducking and beat Demetrious again to prove you're the better man, pussy.

Henry Cejudo is going on about: "we need new storylines in our division, that's why I won't fight DJ again".

I could see this.

If he didn't finish you in the first round

and you didn't barely get a decision from the judges (which some disagree with)

Henry is being a punk, Champ with most title defences (DJ),
deserves a rematch more than any other champ.

What say you guys?
I agree....this is a situation that deserves a rematch.

DJ gonna get screwed. The fact they didn't come right out and announce that he'll get another crack is all you need to know.

True, but not surprising. With DJ pulling in the kind of numbers he was, they will be really keen to move things forward and explore new fights and 'superfights' with Cejudo. Anything to drive up interest in the lower divs

Demetrius is out with injuries and insomnia. No telling when he'll be back.

Cejudo should take some fights in the meantime.

An immediate rematch makes more sense then Cejudo vs TJ.

DJ was the champ for years...

Not a fan of immediate rematches but if ever it was deserved its here.

Having won a razor close decision after losing a not close fight to dj to me means he has to step up and give mm the rematch. Dj is the best ever in the division and deserves it reguardless of his thoughts on it.

Back