Just a thought on Cejudo/Johnson 3

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Henry Cejudo is going on about: "we need new storylines in our division, that's why I won't fight DJ again".

I could see this.

If he didn't finish you in the first round

and you didn't barely get a decision from the judges (which some disagree with)

Henry is being a punk, Champ with most title defences (DJ),
deserves a rematch more than any other champ.

What say you guys?

it's only logical to have the 3rd fight to "finish that story"

DJ deserves immediate rematch, and he should be pushing hard for it.

The longer it takes for a rematch, the less chance DJ has of winning. Cejudo is the superior athlete and is still improving rapidly while DJ has peaked.

DJ gonna get screwed. The fact they didn't come right out and announce that he'll get another crack is all you need to know.

Besides the few DJ fans on here, no one cares about that rematch...sorry, it's true.

DJ needs to do a little more than just be regarded as one of the top p4p fighters and holder of the highest amount of championship defences in ufc history if he thinks he deserves the right to fight the messenger again imo

Last edited:
My thought is we should scrap 125 and merge it with 135 ASAP. Instantaneously 10+ additional interesting matchups that I actually give a shit about

My thought is we should scrap 125 and merge it with 135 ASAP. Instantaneously 10+ additional interesting matchups that I actually give a shit about

Legit idea.

Instant rematches suck. Johnson has cleaned out the division. If he bets Cejudo then it'll leave the entire division sort of high and dry. No interesting matchups to be made. Let DJ fight a fun three rounder for the first time in years while Cejudo gets a defense.

DJ ducked TJ for what he thought was a easy fight.

Back of line imo.

They should merge those two divisions with WMMA and a recycle bin.

I think Cyborg can legitimately take out some low level 125lbs in the UFC. And I would fucking watch the fuck out of it.

He has already started numerous times he'd fight DJ if that's what was on the table. DJ is injured anyway, wait until he comes back.

Would make for a fitting prelim block on the Tito/Chuck 3 card. I'm all for it as well.

Just keep it out of UFC.

I think it's worthy of a PPV co-main

Battle of the sexes. Cyborg Santos vs. Ulka Sasaki. Big money fight.

Rijker didn't do too bad at first.

Yeah but she fought someone the exact same size as her.

Cyborg would have around 30lbs on these flyweights, which is huge at those weight classes. It's MMA so there are more paths to victory as well. I can absolutely see Cyborg winning some of these matches.

Yeah but she fought someone the exact same size as her.

Cyborg would have around 30lbs on these flyweights, which is huge at those weight classes. It's MMA so there are more paths to victory as well. I can absolutely see Cyborg winning some of these matches.
I don't watch enough of 125 to have any real opinion on it tbh, i am just sexist and believe women are weaker than men. I'm still not 100% convinced Cyborg even belongs in the discussion, unless we're talking about her next fight, against whatever woman (s)he's fighting.

Back