Just a reminder

I would be going there as part of a network of other gyms , to work more closely with the Brazilian style of Jiujitsu as i currently train in the Japanese style and to work MMA related skills with a legend , and increase my training partner list... To get different looks and see what they have to offer..I was at xtreme couture back when Randy was still fighting and Misha Circunov ( butchered that) was still coming...i liked it but way too much money to train there when i was younger...got to meet Randy though so that was sick

OK. Just saying it's an unimpressive lineup of training partners and instructors compared to BKB, Open Mat, 6ix and Salvosa

Colby will lose soon and the words he has said will comeback to haunt him...less talking more training and fighting leads to greatness..hes too caught up on being a character he forgets he actually has to fight to be a champion ...
Contrary to his WWE persona, rumour has it that Colby is one of hardest working guy behind the scene. Living a clean lifestyle too (in comparison to let say Jones or Conor).

Sometimes he went 1 to 3 days mountain running with Cam Hanes too.

OK. Just saying it's an unimpressive lineup of training partners and instructors compared to BKB, Open Mat, 6ix and Salvosa

I was at TKMT and the home of 6ix mma before covid hit... I did like the Facility and the head coach seems legit...my sister in law use to teach Muay thai there...but shes moved on from there...i may go back there once everything opens up...or i may try a place alittle closer to me here in brampton...Brampton Muay thai..still formulating the plan

Thanks for the info tho

Where r u training now or going to be?

I was at TKMT and the home of 6ix mma before covid hit... I did like the Facility and the head coach seems legit...my sister in law use to teach Muay thai there...but shes moved on from there...i may go back there once everything opens up...or i may try a place alittle closer to me here in brampton...Brampton Muay thai..still formulating the plan

Thanks for the info tho

How old are you? Driving to Durham region to train at newton's seems like a waste unless its like a once a month thing to train Richardson and see how you can incorporate jj in. But the talent there is lacking. Tiger and Salvosa are way closer and they have a litany of high level monsters to grapple with plus huge connections to Canadian pro mma orgs.

If you're fully serious I would ultimately suggest Evolucao. Legit all in one gym, direct chute box linage, under Rafeal Levato Jr's network (trains there frequently) Mauricio amado is a top coach.

Just may be too hardcore with sparring if you're older

Last edited:
How old are you? Driving to Durham region to train at newton's seems like a waste unless its like a once a month thing to train Richardson and see how you can incorporate jj in. But the talent there is lacking. Tiger and Salvosa are way closer and they have a litany of high level monsters to grapple with plus huge connections to Canadian pro mma orgs.

I am 30, been training since i was 16, and by the time MMA was legalized here in ontario in 2010 there was no good or reliable promotions for years and i started my family not long after and i put the gym.stuff on slow simmer to try and take care of the family..(ive got two daughters) Trying to be a fighter then was next to impossible...cuz it basically meant traveling to fight and that wasnt feasible..

Im not sure where itll end up but i definitely want to compete on atleast one MMA fight to scratch the itch ive had in me for most of my adult life...and to further my own knowledge as i intend to coach at some point as well... If the fight goes well id do more of them and see how far it goes..i said on here before...if Rory or Mercier doesnt take the PFL belt home for Canada then maybe ill try to be the first Canadian to do so...who knows...im just at the beginning of that pro fight life..

Newton never went 5 rounds once in his entire career,
What ....are...ya...talkin´...about...

cruz.gif

Without even talkin´about Pride´s specific Fight Config. [10mns Rd], or his Hendo [Tournament > fought twice on the same card...] fight, Ronin went +7mns in his rookie fight against Jean Riviere, a huge SHW (!) grappler who tired him out & finally won via sub. (only sub. loss in his career)

I am 30, been training since i was 16, and by the time MMA was legalized here in ontario in 2010 there was no good or reliable promotions for years and i started my family not long after and i put the gym.stuff on slow simmer to try and take care of the family..(ive got two daughters) Trying to be a fighter then was next to impossible...cuz it basically meant traveling to fight and that wasnt feasible..

Im not sure where itll end up but i definitely want to compete on atleast one MMA fight to scratch the itch ive had in me for most of my adult life...and to further my own knowledge as i intend to coach at some point as well... If the fight goes well id do more of them and see how far it goes..i said on here before...if Rory or Mercier doesnt take the PFL belt home for Canada then maybe ill try to be the first Canadian to do so...who knows...im just at the beginning of that pro fight life..

K

If you're fully serious I would ultimately suggest Evolucao. Legit all in one gym, direct chute box linage, under Rafeal Levato Jr's network (trains there frequently) Mauricio amado is a top coach.

Just may be too hardcore with sparring if you're older

Just saw the second half of this..

True ...i didnt know about the chute box one
Thanks for the information man...

R u training at any of these places how come u know so much?

Just saw the second half of this..

True ...i didnt know about the chute box one
Thanks for the information man...

R u training at any of these places how come u know so much?

Live the GTA for decades, fairly high level judo practitioner, love training

I actively trained with open mat (not so much during covid). Open mat is a quasi hub for alot of solid ontario fighters from various gyms to work on grappling and sparing

FYI if you can actively convince a coach to say you're a legit prospect, you can currently train at most gyms in Ontario

Live the GTA for decades, fairly high level judo practitioner, love training

I actively trained with open mat (not so much during covid). Open mat is a quasi hub for alot of solid ontario fighters from various gyms to work on grappling and sparing

FYI if you can actively convince a coach to say you're a legit prospect, you can currently train at most gyms in Ontario

Oh, i dunno how long or how close in age we are in age but since your from a Judo background do you or heard of Dainis Nguyen? ..we went to highschool together he competed in alot of GTA judo and BJJ stuff...we trained a few times i believe he has his own gym spot now...i know the judo world is small in the GTA so im.just wondering if you knew of him..

Also interesting...i didnt know about the convincing part hahaha.. Good to know ill be looking at different areas over the next weeks

Oh, i dunno how long or how close in age we are in age but since your from a Judo background do you or heard of Dainis Nguyen? ..we went to highschool together he competed in alot of GTA judo and BJJ stuff...we trained a few times i believe he has his own gym spot now...i know the judo world is small in the GTA so im.just wondering if you knew of him..

Also interesting...i didnt know about the convincing part hahaha.. Good to know ill be looking at different areas over the next weeks

Of course I know him, he's super accomplished.

I trained a lot with Cirkunov in the early to mid 2000's.

Also, yes, guys who are pro or make income from mma or other combat sports can train

Last edited:
Of course I know him, he's super accomplished.

I trained a lot with Cirkunov in the early to mid 2000's.

Also, yes, guys who are pro or make income from mma or other combat sports can train

Yeah Dainis is legit...travels all over..

I wouldnt mind checking his gym out too but its far from what i can remember but the guys fun to train with and we talked alot about martial arts over the years

I remember seeing cirk working the cages at xtreme couture probably in maybe 2010 ..or 2009 around there...big fucker

Yeah Dainis is legit...travels all over..

I wouldnt mind checking his gym out too but its far from what i can remember but the guys fun to train with and we talked alot about martial arts over the years

I remember seeing cirk working the cages at xtreme couture probably in maybe 2010 ..or 2009 around there...big fucker

Yep, he's a bjj blackbelt under britto. He's legit

It's as far as newton's gym from you

Yep, he's a bjj blackbelt under britto. He's legit

It's as far as newton's gym from you

I remember it being farther but i could be wrong... Ill likely reach out to both ..and a few uve listed too.
.thanks again man.. Cool shit...Sherdog isnt so big after all lol crazy to find someone so close to home on here lol stay safe

What ....are...ya...talkin´...about...

View attachment 862853

Without even talkin´about Pride´s specific Fight Config. [10mns Rd], or his Hendo [Tournament > fought twice on the same card...] fight, Ronin went +7mns in his rookie fight against Jean Riviere, a huge SHW (!) grappler who tired him out & finally won via sub. (only sub. loss in his career)
Yeah that's not 5 rounds is it lol.

biased nuthugger,newton was a below average fighter and faced below average competition comparing his skillset to colby is embarrassing

biased nuthugger,newton was a below average fighter and faced below average competition comparing his skillset to colby is embarrassing

Dan Henderson
Anderson silva
Pele
Matt hughes
Sakuraba.

Totally below average...

What a fucking noob..Prime Carlos taps colby. Huggington

Dan Henderson
Anderson silva
Pele
Matt hughes
Sakuraba.

Totally below average...

What a fucking noob..Prime Carlos taps colby. Huggington
Yeah when he faced good competition he usually left on a stretcher,you proud of that?

Yeah when he faced good competition he usually left on a stretcher,you proud of that?

And Colby hasnt?? Broken jaw against usman..and Carlos beat some of those guys noob

Whats his best win again? A LW RDA or ghost of himself woodley?? After every one else beat woodley already...once he was harmless...

Not to mention Carlos was a actual WW UFC champion something colby wont be and Carlos never carried around fake title hardwear lmfao didnt need to

Back