Just a reminder

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
With all this WW talk lately and fools like colby running off at there mouths instead of fighting i thought id remind everyone of what classy champions/fighters look like and theres none more classy then THE RONIN...Canadas original champion

qfkoqwj.png B6JpIktU.jpg

GOAT highlight reel...best song

Also Carlos taps , colby in under 3 rounds ...

Last edited:
I get (and to a degree feel the same) why ppl dont like fighters being selective and having a gimmick. But I also get why they do it. These guys have a short window to make money. Getting the belt and talking shit, make them more money. It’s not anyone, anytime, anywhere, anymore. It’s being smart and not going broke 2 years post retirement.

With all this WW talk lately and fools like colby running off at there mouths instead of fighting i thought id remind everyone of what classy champions/fighters look like and theres none more classy then THE RONIN...Canadas original champion

View attachment 862827 View attachment 862828

GOAT highlight reel...best song

Also Carlos taps , colby in under 3 rounds ...

<mma4>

Hughes powerbombed him

Colby is doing the right thing for his career

Fighting for the wrong reasons rarely end with dignity...

Colby will lose soon and the words he has said will comeback to haunt him...less talking more training and fighting leads to greatness..hes too caught up on being a character he forgets he actually has to fight to be a champion ...

Words fade over time..legacies last forever

I met Carlos Newton a few years back. Very nice guy. Friendly and polite. A real class act.

Im actually reaching out to his gym right now, here in Ontario trying to see how things are operating in this Covid time... Would love to train there or even meet him..

Trying to maybe make one more attempt at fighting pro MMA again...Covid fucked my last attempt hard so im hoping with reopening there could be an opportunity again

I get (and to a degree feel the same) why ppl dont like fighters being selective and having a gimmick. But I also get why they do it. These guys have a short window to make money. Getting the belt and talking shit, make them more money. It’s not anyone, anytime, anywhere, anymore. It’s being smart and not going broke 2 years post retirement.

There's still a point of diminishing returns, inactivity can send you way back at the end of the line in a crowded division, especially when you have already lost to the champ and not done much since.

Colby will lose soon and the words he has said will comeback to haunt him...less talking more training and fighting leads to greatness..hes too caught up on being a character he forgets he actually has to fight to be a champion ...

And what are exactly the "right" reasons? because I'm pretty sure most if not all fighters are doing this for money.

Less training? he is without a doubt one of the hardest workers in the roster.

Words or not nobody can deny he is a hell of a fighter and even if he losses he still have many years to buid his resume.

He also just fought in september and many fighters have done the same, taking time off before a title fight, it worked for Rose, Miocic, Woodly so I don't see any problem with Colby doing the same.

I agree with most your shit on here but I can't vouch for this, it's clear to me Colby works his ass off his output is ridiculous... Newton never went 5 rounds once in his entire career, Colby has won 3x 5 round fights and had a war in the 4th(he didn't win against Usman), you don't do that from being on social media or talking too much..

Love the Cell theme though, Tony Ferguson trains to it.

And what are exactly the "right" reasons? because I'm pretty sure most if not all fighters are doing this for money.

Less training? he is without a doubt one of the hardest workers in the roster.

Words or not nobody can deny he is a hell of a fighter and even if he losses he still have many years to buid his resume.

He also just fought in september and many fighters have done the same, taking time off before a title fight, it worked for Rose, Miocic, Woodly so I don't see any problem with Colby doing the same.

September was a long ass time ago...and was a unimpressive win over woodley who lost to everyone before facing colby and isnt even in the UFC any more ...that win doesnt scream title worthy..

Also im speaking to more of his sense of entitlement and his lack of willingness to prove his position/spot...unlike a guy like Newton who fought whomever regardless of size..experience or rulesets ..differences ...

Colby is playing a game...Carlos Newton was a fighter who earned his spot and proved his championship level over and over again...he didnt sit out shooting his mouth for months between fights

There's still a point of diminishing returns, inactivity can send you way back at the end of the line in a crowded division, especially when you have already lost to the champ and not done much since.
That’s true. In Colbys case, it looks like it paid off for him. To be clear, as a fan, I prefer active fighters. But I get their plight.

I agree with most your shit on here but I can't vouch for this, it's clear to me Colby works his ass off his output is ridiculous... Newton never went 5 rounds once in his entire career, Colby has won 3x 5 round fights and had a war in the 4th(he didn't win against Usman), you don't do that from being on social media or talking too much..

Love the Cell theme though, Tony Ferguson trains to it.

Hes has skills...but the attitude he brings takes away from it...

He has alot to say for a guy who beat up the Ghost of Woodley last year

Hes has skills...but the attitude he brings takes away from it...

He has alot to say for a guy who beat up the Ghost of Woodley last year
It's all pantomime though innit, he might as well be saying "I like Tuesdays and Red is my favourite colour" ... It's like an advertisement/commercial with 0 substance.. I feel i'm completely desensitised to anything he says for any shock value at this point and it's like watching an Old Spice advert for the 5th time, just a bit meh...I think it's all a guise inspired by Trump's attention and likely thinks he gets some sort of benefit from either pissing off his opponents and/or feeling powerful from duping a load of casual fans into believing that's what he's really like, what he does now clearly works better than what he did before the act...

September was a long ass time ago...and was a unimpressive win over woodley who lost to everyone before facing colby and isnt even in the UFC any more ...that win doesnt scream title worthy..

Also im speaking to more of his sense of entitlement and his lack of willingness to prove his position/spot...unlike a guy like Newton who fought whomever regardless of size..experience or rulesets ..differences ...

Colby is playing a game...Carlos Newton was a fighter who earned his spot and proved his championship level over and over again...he didnt sit out shooting his mouth for months between fights

I'm not arguing if he deserve or not a TS, at the end of the day it's the UFC and many unwarranted TS have been granted in the past however if the boss is interested in that fight next and he have some leverage to negotiate it I don't see any problem here, any fighter should be doing the same.

In the case of newton things were pretty different back then and there is a reason why he end with 16-14 record.

Also unimpressive? I remember how everybody was saing Colby was ducking Woodly and Colby was the first guy to finish Woodley in the octagon.

He doesn't need the opinion or prove anything to the haters, they will still keep hating so good for Colby if he can get another TS.

Also at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much he hurt your and everybody else feelings, his talent cannot and won't be denied.

Im actually reaching out to his gym right now, here in Ontario trying to see how things are operating in this Covid time... Would love to train there or even meet him..

Trying to maybe make one more attempt at fighting pro MMA again...Covid fucked my last attempt hard so im hoping with reopening there could be an opportunity again

Odd gym selection for a mma career. I've trained there a few times and they don't even have dedicated boxing, MT, wrestling or kickboxers coaches.

Odd gym selection for a mma career. I've trained there a few times and they don't even have dedicated boxing, MT, wrestling or kickboxers coaches.

I would be going there as part of a network of other gyms , to work more closely with the Brazilian style of Jiujitsu as i currently train in the Japanese style and to work MMA related skills with a legend , and increase my training partner list... To get different looks and see what they have to offer..I was at xtreme couture back when Randy was still fighting and Misha Circunov ( butchered that) was still coming up...i liked it but way too much money to train there when i was younger and larger gyms sometimes its harder to get progress...got to meet Randy though so that was sick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back