Junior Dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa Official For UFC Adelaide Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
JDS. Arlovski outstruck Tuivasa IMO.

Tough to say. I thought Tui was gonna sleep Andre and he barely won.

Gonna go with jds

Tough to say. I thought Tui was gonna sleep Andre and he barely won.

Gonna go with jds
It’s a funny thing with Andrei, though. Rumble broke his jaw and he kept coming. I think it’s just a matter of hitting him right on the button, and both Rumble and Tai didn’t manage to do that. There’s not a doubt in my mind that both fighters could have definitely KO’ed him.

JDS. Arlovski outstruck Tuivasa IMO.
Styles make fights. I think Tai’s striking style is hard for JDS to handle, unless he has finally learned how to fight going backwards.

Have you seen Tuivasa's fight with Arlovski? My best bet is JDS, I'm not confident with my pick.

Styles make fights. I think Tai’s striking style is hard for JDS to handle, unless he has finally learned how to fight going backwards.

Arlovski isn't very good at going backwards either but he managed to make it close as hell. I'm picking JDS.

I got JDS.I think it plays out similar to his fight with Ivanov.Hopefully not, I bought my tix to put myself in close enough proximity to have Tai drink beer out of my stinky sneaker.

If half of JDS shows up then its an easy fight for him. But if the former shell of JDS shows up then Tai TKO all day

A KO win for junior, after a long time.

JDS doesnt have issues with strikers like Tai going backwards or against the cage. He's handled everyone he's fought like that very well. The guys that give him problems are fighters like Cain and Stipe, and that's where the perception comes from he cant fight going backwards. Guys that make him drop his hands cause he thinks the take down is coming. When there is a heavy amount of takedowns, JDS gets hit against the cage. However, if its just a striker he moves away very well most of the time.

If Tai KO's him, which he can.....it will be in the center when JDS leaves himself open or gets countered.

Any Aussie Sherdoggers heading to this event?
I’m undecided still

It’s a funny thing with Andrei, though. Rumble broke his jaw and he kept coming. I think it’s just a matter of hitting him right on the button, and both Rumble and Tai didn’t manage to do that. There’s not a doubt in my mind that both fighters could have definitely KO’ed him.

Tai's power is in his knees and elbows, haven't seen him put someone out with punches in the UFC. It's surprising Rumble didn't KO Arlovski but Tai not so much.

Based on their latest showings (vs. Arlovsky and Ivanov) I'd favor JDS. Arlovski has negative chin at this point and Tai couldn't finish him. In fact, I though Andrei won that fight.

It's a HW fight though, anything can happen.

I think jds will beat him even in his current form. Prime jds would’ve killed him

Tai is like the poor man's Hunt, JDS smoked Hunt. Granted it's not the same JDS anymore but he should be too much for Tai.

I think this a great match up. JDS is not done. He looked a bit faster/improved in general against Blagoy and isn't too old at all (especially for HW) However, if Tuivasa wins easily with an early KO I think Dos Santos needs to seriously consider his future. I like Junior a lot and always have, even though Im an Aussie I wouldn't mind seeing a big name guy like Junior give Tai his first loss and propel another title run for Junior before he bows out. Tuivasa is undefeated and a loss like this could be a blessing in disguise. Hes only 25

JDS by whatever he wants.

I never normally say this but in this case I think it is really 50/50. If Tai connect hard even once or twice I think JDS will crumble mentally. If Junior brings his A point-fighting game he should make it.

Back