Junior dos Santos: I hope Alistair Overeem doesn't fail his drug test this Time

If anyone fails a single drug test, no matter how long ago, people act like it automatically means that they've been juiced to gills since their first fight and after the failure too.

When you hear things from Anderson Silva saying he was only randomly tested once in his career what do you expect? Then you hear Rogans podcast with the new head of USADA and you realize just how easy it is for these people to pass test.

The one thing I will say is that the head of USADA confirmed that there are a lot of supplements that ship with steroids in them. I was surprised to hear this cause I always thought that excuse was BS but apparently that can and does happen a lot. In fact his company actually tests a bunch of supplements each year and they list the ones on their website that popped for things like that.

If you haven't listened to it I would really recommend it. I think this program is really going to change things for the UFC and the fighters. For better or worse I don't know. I do think it will be nice for the guys who don't want to use any steroids and can be more confident in their abilities to win a fight.

If anyone fails a single drug test, no matter how long ago, people act like it automatically means that they've been juiced to gills since their first fight and after the failure too.

Lol, accurate.

It's not like Reem failed the test for a fight with JDS...

I don't care, as long as it's after the fight.

Overeem has been looking better in his last two, while JDS has looked mortal, lately, but I just don't know what will happen when JDS connects.

Overeem fought a very smart fight against Nelson, but Nelson still managed to land, giving Reem some trouble (IIRC). If JDS gets a similar opportunity, I just don't think it will end well. At the same time, JDS is a bit too tough for his own good, and if Overeem is on his game, we could end up watching him beat a punching bag for a few rounds.

Glad this fight is happening, HW needs it.

History shows us that an awful lot of athletes caught doping once, continue doping throughout their careers.

Part of the reason for WADA increasing bans to 4 years. 2 years hasnt been enough deterrent.

alistair_overeem_czysty_mmanewsPL1.jpg

Junior is not that bright or witty and should just focus on training. Overeem wins by TKO or decision.

it's not like their first fight got scrapped because someone failed their pre fight test and we ended up getting dos santos vs Mir instead

war jds

Junior is not that bright or witty and should just focus on training.

That could be said about most fighters. That's why they're fighters, in a lot of cases.

And leave stipe out to dry? Nah, would rather see the rematch. The first one was arguable as it is. Stipe probably wins the rematch

I'd rather see the stipe rematch than the Overeem match anyway.

I'm surprised at how little we're hearing people bitch about how Junior is taking a step back with this fight

Oh yeah forgot about Miocic. I don't know that people would want a rematch instead of seeing where Rothwell stands among the elite with a fight against JDS.

No one is complaining about JDS/Overeem because we've wanted to see it for a while. Reem is on a nice little resurgence and we all want to see JDS KO him.

He's fighting Stipe in October. But I am sure they will have someone ready just in case.

Damn that takes away two viable replacements in case someone drops out. Maybe Mitrione or Browne can fill in?

It's not that cut and dry with Overeem. He's been suspected for a while since going from LHW to Ubereem and now back to Econoreem with all the additional PED testing. He's avoided random PED tests in the past by fleeing I mean flying to Holland for his sick mother.

And leave stipe out to dry? Nah, would rather see the rematch. The first one was arguable as it is. Stipe probably wins the rematch

I'd rather see the stipe rematch than the Overeem match anyway.

I'm surprised at how little we're hearing people bitch about how Junior is taking a step back with this fight

i think the sherdog meme on junior right now is that he is a shell of his former self - so people are busy repeating that - stipe is an underrated fighter which leads to a lot of that

i think the sherdog meme on junior right now is that he is a shell of his former self - so people are busy repeating that - stipe is an underrated fighter which leads to a lot of that
I'd agree with this, but JDS also has this problem where he will absolutely not get himself off the fence. Any fighter watching that, will make mental note of it and press any advantage they can gain. JDS is tough, so it usually becomes a battle of attrition, but I don't think it's a reliable way to win fights.

In other words, he has room to improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back