Junior dos Santos: I hope Alistair Overeem doesn't fail his drug test this Time

JDS is pumped, can't wait to see it. I think Dos Santos has got this.

Overeem's been looking less muscular lately, I think he'll be clean but will get the living shit punched out of him and finished quickly.

And leave stipe out to dry? Nah, would rather see the rematch. The first one was arguable as it is. Stipe probably wins the rematch

I'd rather see the stipe rematch than the Overeem match anyway.

I'm surprised at how little we're hearing people bitch about how Junior is taking a step back with this fight

Why would we want to see a rematch again when we have Overeem on a good run? Makes no sense. You probably love the Cain/Werdum rematch don't you?

I'd agree with this, but JDS also has this problem where he will absolutely not get himself off the fence. Any fighter watching that, will make mental note of it and press any advantage they can gain. JDS is tough, so it usually becomes a battle of attrition, but I don't think it's a reliable way to win fights.

In other words, he has room to improve.

Well he's fighting Overeem and he likes getting beat against the fence more. I don't see Reem walking JDS down and backing him against the fence. I think JDS will be aggressor. As a reference you can watch the Nelson vs Overeem. Reem would get against the cage and just turtle up and do nothing.

In this day and age everybody has pretty much been accused of using PED's. I remember not too long ago wondering about Junior, myself. I can't remember if it was the Stipe fight, or the third fight with Cain, but I remember a lot of back acne on the guy...made me wonder.

Why would we want to see a rematch again when we have Overeem on a good run? Makes no sense. You probably love the Cain/Werdum rematch don't you?

No, hate it. One of the worst rematches the UFC has put together. What kind of logic are you using? Junior is taking a big step back here to appease casuals, nothing more.

No, hate it. One of the worst rematches the UFC has put together. What kind of logic are you using? Junior is taking a big step back here to appease casuals, nothing more.

Definitely no steps back here.

UFC 146 would have been the absolute best time.

Right now is the 2nd best.

JDS vs Alexey, Crop Cop 2, or T. Browne if Reem fails... again.

Well he's fighting Overeem and he likes getting beat against the fence more. I don't see Reem walking JDS down and backing him against the fence. I think JDS will be aggressor. As a reference you can watch the Nelson vs Overeem. Reem would get against the cage and just turtle up and do nothing.
Yep, all valid points. Looking forward to seeing what unfolds.

I'd agree with this, but JDS also has this problem where he will absolutely not get himself off the fence. Any fighter watching that, will make mental note of it and press any advantage they can gain. JDS is tough, so it usually becomes a battle of attrition, but I don't think it's a reliable way to win fights.

In other words, he has room to improve.

Yes, but JDS is also fighting a much higher level of competition. I should point out that Reem found himself trapped against the fence repeatedly by Roy, who JDS was able to avoid with ease.

RIP for JDS. He has never fought anybody like Overeem.

RIP for JDS. He has never fought anybody like Overeem.

Overeem has fought plenty of people like JDS but not nearly as good and has been left in a crumpled heap, so RIP Overeem.

Back