Jung VS Poirier was not remotely close.

I think it was the third round where KZ gassed a little and Poirier landed some good combos.

This was fight of the year.

I gave Poirier round.....3 I think? Everything else was KZ

i could see fighter of the year for that performance but yeah dusting had nothign to offer

Just watched this again a couple of days ago and those were my exact thoughts. 'Performance' of the year possibly, but 'FOTY' needs to be two sided.

KZ really surprised a lot of people in that fight. Poirier was supposed to win, but KZ dominated pretty clearly. Only round that was close was round 3, and KZ still won the round.

KZ vs Poirier is the FOTY no fuckin doubt. FOTY is about which was the most fuckin entertaining and just because it wasn't back and forth doesn't mean it's not FOTY. Whoever thinks this fight wasn't the most entertaining didnt watch it

Not every fight can be as close as Shogun vs. Henderson.

For me KZ vs. Poirier was by far the best of the year, I don't care that Poirier never hurt KZ or anything.

This man. FOTY is what is most entertaining. That's what the KZ vs Poirier fight was all fucking about. And don't forget the fact that KZ was the fuckin underdog. A fuckin underdog comes in there and puts on that kind of performance. If you still say it isn't a FOTY, you havent watched it. Was way more entertaining than the Jlau vs varner

I think the only area that was one sided was on the ground, but poirier stunned KZ a couple of times on the feet (from memomory, could be wrong, looking for the fight, can't find it). I think KZ/Poirier had almost everything you could ask for as a fan minus an incredible KO but we got a slick submission instead.

This. How the fuck can you ask more from a fight than the KZ vs Poirier? I mean common unless you are just a fuckin HBomb just bleeder you gotta love the fight.

KZ was beating him up. I didnt see the fight live, but read everyones reaction to it. When I did watch it, I didnt think it was as great as everyone said.

GSP/Condit, I watched live. It was nuts.

GSP/Condit? da fuq? your just weird

It was an exciting fight, Porier won one round from what I remember

Not exactly a beat down but zombie controlled from bell to bell.

Big Poirier fan but you are right, it was entertaining but not really a close fight.

Back