Jump Rope vs. Distance Running

for conditioning you want to do sprints or while jogging add in speed bursts for about 100-200 meters every so often. jogging for a long period of time and not really challenging your self is for cutting weight or burning fat if done for about 45 minutes. although at school we did learn that you burn more calories in a short period of time while running at a harder pace than you would just jogging. if youi need to burn fat jog for a long period of time the body will use up all its sugars and food products then it will start using fat stored in the body, otherwise dont

ASUThermo said:
if youi need to burn fat jog for a long period of time the body will use up all its sugars and food products then it will start using fat stored in the body, otherwise dont
this is antiquated horse shit and I encourage you to read something on interval training before you give any more advice.

Urbans right, if you just need conditioning for the sake of contitioning then by all means run. But for fighting sports, running long didstance really has no translation into the sport. just try it and you'll see why.

the reason that anything that tells you to run tells you to run for 30-45 is because for the body to actually start buring Calories then it would have needed to stay in that motion for 15 min before finally burning the fat in your body. BUT if can vary pending on how much fat is in the foods that you ate for your body to begin to burn through the starches in your system. THIS IS FACT, it is part of the cardiovascular system that you learn in Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology.

the reason that anything that tells you to run tells you to run for 30-45 is because for the body to actually start buring Calories then it would have needed to stay in that motion for 15 min before finally burning the fat in your body. BUT if can vary pending on how much fat is in the foods that you ate for your body to begin to burn through the starches in your system. THIS IS FACT, it is part of the cardiovascular system that you learn in Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology.

learn to HIIT.

I normally don't run for super long distances. Maybe 4k. The rest of my cardio comes from jumping rope, and sprints. I always liked rope work because I'm actually good at it.

When you're playing some music in the background, mixing up your patterns, and footwork it's fun. haha

Come on man, this was THREE YEARS old.

I never pay attention to the posted date, and always end up posting in these bumped threads.

/face palm

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! What is with the hordes of whitebelts bumping ancient threads lately?

On some forums, I've seen a little notice above the reply box telling you if a thread is more than X months/years old. I don't know how well it works, but it's a thought.

Do what works for you.

i do both but id rather run for 30 min than skip for 30 min. skipping u gota keep concentrating so u dont hook up in the rope its defently different.

WTF

Isn't there someway that mods can create a system where if a thread is older then say 3 months and not active, to post in it you have to have been a member for say, I don't know, 12 months?

Back