jump rope challenge

hell wall

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Guys how many jumps can you get in a 3 minute round? I find it helps to count jumps ,then try to beat my record.....my best is 427...

I'd lose count over that long. Let's do rope turns in one minute ?

As someone that just started training again, and dies when we start each training session with 10mins of jumping rope, I'm going to start counting and see if I can plot my progress

Would make for a really nifty graph after a month

Not many. I jump like an elephant and my knees are shot already.

I'm in on this, I'll be back with results tomorrow.

It's called like oz rope skipper or something but it counts for you. I use it almost every morning, I already did 1000 this morning or I would have joined in on this. I may tomorrow

Guys how many jumps can you get in a 3 minute round? I find it helps to count jumps ,then try to beat my record.....my best is 427...

I'm in denial. I am calling bullshit on you. Complete, utter, BULLSHIT

You are basically going at half this speed- but for 3 minutes.

Here is either 182 or 192 in 1 minute

If you are doing 427, then you should compete nationally and on the world stage.

Here is 500 in 3 minutes. Which, by the way, is a world record.

Please video and display your 427 for us.

This. Noobs need to provide video evidence, which shouldn't be hard to do. Veterans like myself do not, because we have established credibility.

This. Noobs need to provide video evidence, which shouldn't be hard to do. Veterans like myself do not, because we have established credibility.

LOL. Just epic LOL.

I get two skips a second as a warmup, for 3 or 4 rounds.
2 x 180 = 340
These numbers are not unfeasible by any means.

Now it's time to put the math down, and let the rope do the talking...

that first vid (with the asian girl) was not 182 in a minute. it was 162 in 30 seconds!!! if that is to be believed...

but i think the jump rope records are wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AZ_vzx3ZY
beci dale breaks the guinness book of record: 332 skips in one minute

but this website claims the 1 min record (unofficial) is by robert commers at 425...
http://eherber.home.xs4all.nl/ropeskip/recordsm.htm

couldn't find any more official. tried guiness book of world record online but only found 3 weird jump rope records... meh...

i am gonna try jumping 3 mins myself and figure out how fast i jump as well. is there a rule for jump roping. they all seem to prefer semi-high step but i barely hope my feet when i jump...

p.s. the 2nd website claims a 10sec record of 128 by albert rayner.. iam gonna call bullshit on that...

I'm in denial. I am calling bullshit on you. Complete, utter, BULLSHIT

You are basically going at half this speed- but for 3 minutes.

Here is either 182 or 192 in 1 minute

If you are doing 427, then you should compete nationally and on the world stage.

Here is 500 in 3 minutes. Which, by the way, is a world record.

Ha bro i wouldnt lie ..why would i make up 427 ?
Im doing ski style jumps ,one foot forward one back...
So take your nonsense elsewhere .

Back