Julius Maddox “Breaks” Bench Press ATWR

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Impressive strength for sure but being meet legal I don’t think so. If you drop your deadlift after lockout or throw the bar on the floor squatting you’d get red lighted. I don’t know what the judging standard is for benching but this seems like a no lift.

Impressive strength for sure but being meet legal I don’t think so. If you drop your deadlift after lockout or throw the bar on the floor squatting you’d get red lighted. I don’t know what the judging standard is for benching but this seems like a no lift.

Once the "rack" command is given, it's a completed lift. The incompetence of the spotters does not disqualify his record.

that stupid cocksucker fist pumping while you're "spotting" a 739lb bench press, christ

It was declared a good lift because the rack command was given making it a good lift. The spotters failed to fo their job.

Had this arguement with someone yesterday. I thought it was a no lift. He never had the bar locked out, and it looked like he lost control of the bar before the rack command. Not hating on the lift, but atwrs need to be judged at a higher standard. Here's a good angle of the lift.

Last edited:
So why are you judging it?

Shouldn't they be judged at the same standard as everything else?
Boss of Bosses is not as strict as the IPF when it comes to judging. A lot of squats there would never get white lights at an IPF meet.

"Raw with wraps", whippy deadlift bars, and no drugtesting- formula for WR's.

What standard are we talking about? Ipf, wrpf, spf, usapl?
The standard of whatever he's competing in. I think this really highlights the issue of powerlifting, as a competitive sport, being way too complicated and/or subjective for what is essentially picking shit up using 3 different techniques.

Look at athletics as a comparison for example. You run a distance, or jump over something and that's it.

The standard of whatever he's competing in. I think this really highlights the issue of powerlifting, as a competitive sport, being way too complicated and/or subjective for what is essentially picking shit up using 3 different techniques.

Look at athletics as a comparison for example. You run a distance, or jump over something and that's it.
Um what? I think this is more of a case of "I'm not knowledgable about powerlifting rules and standards, but I'm going to pretend I do, because I sbd occasionally."

Um what? I think this is more of a case of "I'm not knowledgable about powerlifting rules and standards, but I'm going to pretend I do, because I sbd occasionally."
Do you think it's good to have a different world record squat in each and every federation that has different rules and standards?

Do you think it's good to have a different world record squat in each and every federation that has different rules and standards?
Thats a world record for the federation, not an All Time World Record.

No. It certainly makes it difficult to follow for casual fans. Weightlifting is easier to follow because it is just IWF, all the world class competition falls under one federation's rules, on top of that it is an Olympic sport. Outside of having to shuffle around weight classes every now and then, to offset the drugged up records, the records and champions are easy to pick out.

It didn't look like he locked it out and he lost control trying to lock it out.

I've given up worrying about judging in PL. Even the ipf has its issues. As a spectator, If the dude gets it close enough, its like horseshoes as far as I'm concerned.

No lift IMO. I'm also aware that this view is shared by a few guys at the top of the sport as well. But incredible benching all the same! I think this will prompt Kirill to step it up a notch as his 335 was so smooth in comparison

Back