Elections Julián Castro expected to formally announce 2020 presidential bid today 11am EST

I like the trend so far if younger, fresh nominees.

The national median age is 37.8 years old in America. The average income in America is $59k. Democrats need to energize younger voters. Seventy year old millionaires don't do that.

LOL.

You still living in denial and Trump isn't your president?

LOL.

You still living in denial and Trump isn't your president?

My post had nothing to do with trump. Elizabeth Warren is a 70 year old millionaire. Hillary was a 70 year old millionaire. I know that there are going to be plenty of millionaire politicians, but this combination of old, wealthy, and lifelong politician with little real world life experience it's just not something I'm interested in.

I don't care that they have a d next to their name on the ballot. I don't feel that they accurately represent me as a constituent.

He's basically a native american...makes him more american than you and ripskater.

Americas history, culture, and values , and history of spanish colonialism make spanish names pretty common place...and you didn't build squat but i'm sure Castro has "built" more than you.

I detect a hint of butthurt from you.

Last edited:
I detect a hint of butthurt from you. Don’t know what to tell ya bud, history doesn’t award participation trophies. If your ancestors lose a war, they lose bragging rights to the civilization that replaces theirs. America simply wasn’t the product of Julian Castro’s family tree in any substantive way.

I guess you don't know texas demographics much....you should check it out.

He's basically a native american...makes him more american than you and ripskater.

Americas history, culture, and values , and history of spanish colonialism make spanish names pretty common place...and you didn't build squat but i'm sure Castro has "built" more than you.

<JagsKiddingMe>

My post had nothing to do with trump. Elizabeth Warren is a 70 year old millionaire. Hillary was a 70 year old millionaire. I know that there are going to be plenty of millionaire politicians, but this combination of old, wealthy, and lifelong politician with little real world life experience it's just not something I'm interested in.

I don't care that they have a d next to their name on the ballot. I don't feel that they accurately represent me as a constituent.

Being a 70 old millionaire is not indicative of not having real life experience. Warren was born into lowish middle class family in a podunk state. Hillary was from a middle class family - both worked their way to success via determination and intelligence. It is not uncommon for older people, who lived real middle class upbringings to be millionaires in their latter years.

Your comment is also super odd considering you're a Sanders supporter and he's a millionaire in his 70's and he's barely ever had a "real job" for much of his life

I mean: "but this combination of old, wealthy, and lifelong politician with little real world life experience it's just not something I'm interested in" - Bernie checks off all those metrics.

Last edited:

ThornyDisastrousIndianabat-max-1mb.gif

I can't ever really see a Hispanic winning hope I'm wrong after all I am Hispanic lol

Being a 70 old millionaire is not indicative of not having real life experience. Warren was born into lowish middle class family in a podunk state. Hillary was from a middle class family - both worked their way to success via determination and intelligence. It is not uncommon for older people, who lived real middle class upbringings to be millionaires in their latter years.

Let me try to put it more clearly. I'm not intetested in giving my votes to people whose only job for the past 40 years was to win re-election. Maybe saying "no life experience" is not the right choice if words to explain my feeling on the matter.

Shoot me if this is wrong of me, but I'm skeptical of what someone is trying to sell me when they've been so invested in just simply winning elections. Sure its unavoidable, and some career politicians really care. But more and more I'm feeling like just having them blow smoke up my ass.

Your comment is also super odd considering you're a Sanders supporter and he's a millionaire in his 70's and he's barely ever had a "real job" for much of his life

I mean: "but this combination of old, wealthy, and lifelong politician with little real world life experience it's just not something I'm interested in" - Bernie checks off all those metrics.

I'm a registered dem. My dem options in 2016 were Sanders and . . . Hillary.

You've noticed my previous 2016 cycle support of Sanders, but have you noticed my lack of support for him regarding 2020? Unless I'm totally forgetting something I've said, I don't think I've indicated as such.

Last edited:
America has a history, and not everyone was a part of it. The fact that persons from certain foreign cultures immigrated at various points does not mean those foreign cultures now qualify as American. If you dilute American culture with foreign influence, it ceases to be America eventually. Case in point, Beto O’Rourke, is so “American” that he openly wonders if we should replace our Constitution.
Mexican Americans were citizens before African Americans were. Are you saying African Americans are not "American?"

Mexicans living in purchased territory either became Americans or were relocated to Mexico proper. This Hyphen-American nonsense is of recent origin.
historically White American have called Americans of Mexican descent "Mexicans." Still do.

Warren is way less of a career politician than Sanders, or really anyone else in the democratic field.

Castro maybe being the only exception. He was mayor of SA, I think? Maybe Harris.

Beto will get the nod before Castro if they are going to pick a Texas Democrat. I don't know much about either candidate but Beto ran a campaign for senate that almost beat Cruz in Texas.

Castro needs to not slick his hair with so much gel. I think most people want someone who looks "older".

I can't ever really see a Hispanic winning hope I'm wrong after all I am Hispanic lol
Uh, if he runs a good campaign and says the right things with a hint of conviction, it won't matter. The reason it won't matter? Because white people don't vote based on race as much as non-whites. Because we are bad.

I dont think he has much of a chance, but the more that run the better. The Democrats dont need a repeat of what could have easily have been Hillary vs. Nobody as O'Malley never stood a chance to begin with.

Back