Elections Julián Castro expected to formally announce 2020 presidential bid today 11am EST

Hussein is an Islamic name. Big red flag for Islam. And Obama brought over a lot of Islamic immigrants. He advertised this and tried to convince us that Islamic immigration was good for us. Some ended up being terrorists gunning down people, running over people with trucks and stabbing people on campus with butchers knife.

Castro- Fidel Castro was a communist.

Just goes to show how ideological conformity can cause people to be blind to truth. I'd be perfectly happy to live in a country with NO Muslims, let them stay in their own countries. Why some politicians are outright determined to push racial diversity on everyone whether they want it or not is puzzling.

^^^ Truth.
Not everyone is American. We have our own history, culture, and values here. Obama was never really part of the American tradition, and that’s probably why he hates America so much. He didn’t build that.

He's basically a native american...makes him more american than you and ripskater.

Americas history, culture, and values , and history of spanish colonialism make spanish names pretty common place...and you didn't build squat but i'm sure Castro has "built" more than you.

Because some names are not American. Doesn't mean they can't be good for the USA.

Like Barack Hussein Obama. But that is a red flag. And he was an unAmerican president.
Unless your last name is something like Sitting Bull, you can't complain about last names not being American.

this is an all time great Ripskater quote. Too bad my dubs won't allow me to add it to my sig. Too good to waste.
I would feel honored. Maybe you can put that in your sig when you lose the dubs.

Any name that sounds like a foreign name. Julián Castro and Barack Hussein Obama are foreign names. You will find those types of names most often outside of the USA borders. I've never met anyone named Julián, Barack, Castro, Hussein, Obama etc.

Lol. Ethnic names are red flags?

Raphael Cruz? Marco Rubio? Rudolph Giuliani? Antonin Scalia? Piyush Jindal?

Dems have some rising stars in Texas. That's got to be concerning for the GOP.

When a person that loses (Beto) and is viewed as a "rising star" by some...shows how weak the Democratic party is right now.

To the OP. Castro is one of their better politicians which is why he doesnt stand a chance at winning the primaries. He isnt radical, he doesnt openly back SJW horseshit.

When a person that loses (Beto) and is viewed as a "rising star" by some...shows how weak the Democratic party is right now.

To the OP. Castro is one of their better politicians which is why he doesnt stand a chance at winning the primaries. He isnt radical, he doesnt openly back SJW horseshit.

Beto lost in a red state though. I can’t say he should be presidential material but he’s far more valuable at a national level imo than at a state level to that party. My guess is the establishment will want to help him make that leap the way they did somewhat with Castro.

Beto lost in a red state though. I can’t say he should be presidential material but he’s far more valuable at a national level imo than at a state level to that party. My guess is the establishment will want to help him make that leap the way they did somewhat with Castro.

He did lose Texas but the enthusiasm his campaign turned out was nothing short of amazing. Democrats flipped state and federal seats in places they didn’t have a chance of just two years earlier.

Think about what you are saying.

The DNC wants to push a guy that never won an election when they are filled with people that have won...that is not the condition a party wants to be in when there are 100s of representitives, senators and governors let alone mayors.

He did lose Texas but the enthusiasm his campaign turned out was nothing short of amazing. Democrats flipped state and federal seats in places they didn’t have a chance of just two years earlier.

Wouldn't that have been true regardless since the swing from 2016 has been overwhelmingly blue. For example, Lamb won a strongly red country in PA.

My assumption with Castro was the Democrats know Texas is becoming purple in time and if they can get a solid qualified candidate to peak when that time comes around, they have a lock on the electoral map for that race. Beto is a newer face and definitely will be helped in the future to progress his career. I just don't know if that means presidential push now or VP consideration or cabinet seat or.....

Think about what you are saying.

The DNC wants to push a guy that never won an election when they are filled with people that have won...that is not the condition a party wants to be in when there are 100s of representitives, senators and governors let alone mayors.

That's not true though. He won a house seat for two terms but didn't win a Senate seat that was seen as unattainable to begin with. I agree he shouldn't try to run for President but the result of that Senate race compared to normal expectations makes sense why you would find a way for him to move up since he's stuck in a still primarily red state. They did the same for Castro and it makes a lot of sense when you continue to see Texas get more and more purple.

Wouldn't that have been true regardless since the swing from 2016 has been overwhelmingly blue. For example, Lamb won a strongly red country in PA.

My assumption with Castro was the Democrats know Texas is becoming purple in time and if they can get a solid qualified candidate to peak when that time comes around, they have a lock on the electoral map for that race. Beto is a newer face and definitely will be helped in the future to progress his career. I just don't know if that means presidential push now or VP consideration or cabinet seat or.....

It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that democrats flipped seats that for years we heard we’d flip and never happened.

I’d like to personally see him run for the senate again in 2020. I think he could keep the energy he had and energize a whole new generation of young voters here. Plus, his campaign for senate would greatly help the eventual democratic nominee.

Beto has the young Democrat from Texas market cornered. Castro has nowhere to go.

Politically, he seems to be another centrist right along Beto, Harris, Biden, Booker. Meh, next.

That's not true though. He won a house seat for two terms but didn't win a Senate seat that was seen as unattainable to begin with. I agree he shouldn't try to run for President but the result of that Senate race compared to normal expectations makes sense why you would find a way for him to move up since he's stuck in a still primarily red state. They did the same for Castro and it makes a lot of sense when you continue to see Texas get more and more purple.

Its true that he did not win for higher office.

That will be used to tear him and the Dems apart. Guy that could not win an election that would have been a step upwards.

It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that democrats flipped seats that for years we heard we’d flip and never happened.

I’d like to personally see him run for the senate again in 2020. I think he could keep the energy he had and energize a whole new generation of young voters here. Plus, his campaign for senate would greatly help the eventual democratic nominee.

That could make sense. Only downside is he loses again. I think that would begin making it harder to him to continue a career long term. It's a good idea for the party as a whole in 2020 though imo compared to him running for president.

Its true that he did not win for higher office.

Okay... but that's not what you said. You said he never won an election. If you are changing it to never won Senate or a bigger race, I also agree that's why he shouldn't try to run for president.

That will be used to tear him and the Dems apart. Guy that could not win an election that would have been a step upwards.

My point is you help a candidate you see promise in when they get stuck at a state level that they don't have a realistic chance of moving up in. For example, if you think the guy is far more popular at a national level than Texas, you get him a cabinet position to let him get experience that way and assess from there. Timing is the issue here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back