• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Juilliard Jazz Prof Hears Nirvana For The First Time & Chad Smith Hears Thirty Seconds To Mars For The First Time

what would you classify them as

Drummers that plays song outside their genre and doing a great job.
Among them are Chad Smith from RHCP,
Megadeths drummer, Jonathan Moffet, who was MJs drummer.

Or you could just click the videos and find out for your self.

Drummers that plays song outside their genre and doing a great job.
Among them are Chad Smith from RHCP,
Megadeths drummer, Jonathan Moffet, who was MJs drummer.

Or you could just click the videos and find out for your self.
ive played drums for 20+ yrs now, i know who they are. still not going to watch the videos though

If you are a jazz drummer?
I am on the fence my self. but growing up I had a friend that played classical music (grand piano) the dude was completely lost when it came to modern music.
Had an emergency gig last week. I was in my hometown for entirely different reason(friend's funeral). My former guitarist who is still active in the club scene, called my bassist/friend out of the blue for a 2 hour spot the next night. Pop songs I never played nor listened to. Our last gig was 18 years ago but the experience was very familiar and I got nostalgic. Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga songs though. I was wtf. Bassist was literally laughing his ass off looking at me trying to figure out the songs on stage.

My man El Estepario Siberiano ruined it for me when it comes to enjoy drumming videos like this

Guy is probably the greatest drummer alive. But it felt like a carnival act. I got tired of it after a month or 2.
yeah he likes to cramp as much showmanship as possible in his videos but he has said in some interviews that he tried to go the serious route and got bored when he was watching the videos before posting. This is the thing with his kind of talent: He tends to get bored. Some time back he joined this Spanish band (Saratoga) and he quitted soon after because he was bored to death and was happier doing just the youtube videos.

yeah he likes to cramp as much showmanship as possible in his videos but he has said in some interviews that he tried to go the serious route and got bored when he was watching the videos before posting. This is the thing with his kind of talent: He tends to get bored. Some time back he joined this Spanish band (Saratoga) and he quitted soon after because he was bored to death and was happier doing just the youtube videos.
I will never be half as good as him if I drop everything and be a full time drummer so I could only imagine being as good as him and no band being able to contain all that talent. I'd probably get bored too.

Fucking Chad killed it....the coolest thing I have seen all week.

I love watching these. Each drummer has their own way of trying to figure out how the drumming part of the song goes. MJ's drummer, Sugarfoot, had never heard Numb from Linkin Park, so it was cool to see him work through that.

There was also this teen girl who had never heard "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. She saw a cowbell and totally bit off on it being more important to the song than it really is. She still did a helluva job though.

I love watching these. Each drummer has their own way of trying to figure out how the drumming part of the song goes. MJ's drummer, Sugarfoot, had never heard Numb from Linkin Park, so it was cool to see him work through that.

There was also this teen girl who had never heard "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. She saw a cowbell and totally bit off on it being more important to the song than it really is. She still did a helluva job though.
Imagine if they asked her to play don't fear the Reaper.

Back