Juilliard Jazz Prof Hears Nirvana For The First Time & Chad Smith Hears Thirty Seconds To Mars For The First Time

So a meme of Waylon , Merle, Willie, Hank, an Cash slitting their wrists orceating barrel of a gun would be those folks listening to 2020s country for first-time.

Or 90s rap listening to current rap

well if you're a music professor at a reputable school, teaching DRUMS and you don't know Nirvana, you're either autistic or a liar.

he is a JAZZ drum teacher..
Focusing on JAZZ.

And he did know Nirvana and Dave Groll, did you see the video?

Also being able to play like him, clearly shows he is not a charlatan as you claim.

30 Seconds to mars is absolute garbage and Nirvana isn't that much better.

he is a JAZZ drum teacher..
Focusing on JAZZ.

And he did know Nirvana and Dave Groll, did you see the video?

Also being able to play like him, clearly shows he is not a charlatan as you claim.
i was commenting on the title. if the title was true, and so he didn't know nirvana, damn right i'd say he was either a liar or a charlatan.
if in the video it says he did know nirvana, then why does the title say he doesn't?

This is the goat from Drumeo's "Hears from the 1st time" series.

This is the only one that I really feel took his own interpretation of the song and changed the whole energy of it. That was amazing. Didn't even sound like the same song.

Amazing thread TS! Was most amazing one I see all day!

This was a great way for myself to wake up into.

Here is another video, timestamp when she show more skin to give Big Drum Energy (though she not reveal much breast divide, so as to prevent men from falling into #SexualDeviancy)

I have watched this one so many times. Domino is super fucking hot.

This one with Dennis Chambers listening to and then playing schism by tool is radical

Yeah, this one is really crazy. I don’t think O’ve ever sen one in which they didn’t give the guy a song in 4/4 or maybe 3/4 before.

Yeah, this one is really crazy. I don’t think O’ve ever sen one in which they didn’t give the guy a song in 4/4 or maybe 3/4 before.
He killed it too and I don’t think he was bullshitting about not ever hearing the song before.

He killed it too and I don’t think he was bullshitting about not ever hearing the song before.
No, he definitely wasn’t. You could see him kind of struggling with some stuff because they do break into some 4/4 in that song. And the rest is in 6/4 I think, with a couple bars of 5/4 thrown in some parts? (It’s been a while since I heard it)

This one is amazing.
Dude does not even listen to the song first but start playing.
Dude is a legend, Michel Jacksons drummer.
Watch his other videos.
Dude never heard numb by Linking Park.

And my favorite so far.
This is a "no name " drummer. But damn.
Also I believe him 100% never heard the Rob Z song.

Eh. I dunno why everybody think a classical musician at Julliard is gonna recognize an mtv grunge song from the 90's. It was obvious from his drumming he didnt recognize it.

Chad Smith is a beast. Theres one with Sugarfoot from Michael jacksons band that awesome.

Reactions: lsa
Eh. I dunno why everybody think a classical musician at Julliard is gonna recognize an mtv grunge song from the 90's. It was obvious from his drumming he didnt recognize it.

Chad Smith is a beast. Theres one with Sugarfoot from Michael jacksons band that awesome.

Yeah I just posted that.
But people should check out his other videos when he plays MJ songs:

Back