judo: venting steam!

hang on hang on, i think you guys have misunderstood something here...i didnt go to judo with the intention of JUST doing groundwork, i went with the intention to do judo!

it just ended up like that...ie me standing on the side...

i think its kinda funny cos those people who were so eager to jump on the mat to do throws were nowhere to be seen when groundwork started. Go figure.

cheers bubble boy and adino.

damn I can't believe I upset Rickson too!

dapunisher said:
Hey man didnt realize you were a judo guy.

Yeah, I started out at a mixed club that did Judo and BJJ, got deployed, started doing Judo sporadically at one place, spent a decent amount of time at the same club (unless he's at a new one?) Ude is at, then moved again, and now I'm at a BJJ/MMA club.

I'll basically do whatever's available and in my budget at the time, grappling wise... lol. Probably stick to the club I'm at now barring the unforseen, but I'd love to get a little more Judo comp in. My instructor back in MA says if I'm not too rusty, I could come back and get my brown (was goign to give it to me before I deployed), but I live in VA.

Oh well. Feel free to flame me for sharing my life story, lol. I'm sorta stuck with my daughter sleeping on my lap here, and it passed the tiem.

I was at Judo and I didn't feel like doing Judo.... Then some guy said I wasn't going to get any better by sitting on my ass, so now I'm really pissed off.

Grow up kid.

you sound like an idiot, do you go to judo just to be arrogant and to assert yourself with your BJJ vs Judo mentality

an old man tells you to stop being a pussy and you take exception to that and go act like as ass when doing groundwork.

Why are you at a judo club in the beginning when you seem to hate it

Bob_Shamrock said:
hang on hang on, i think you guys have misunderstood something here...i didnt go to judo with the intention of JUST doing groundwork, i went with the intention to do judo!

it just ended up like that...ie me standing on the side...

i think its kinda funny cos those people who were so eager to jump on the mat to do throws were nowhere to be seen when groundwork started. Go figure.

cheers bubble boy and adino.

damn I can't believe I upset Rickson too!
I don't think they misunderstood anything. You just figured people would agree with you, but in turn you were the one that looks like an asshole. Good job.

if you dont feel like throwing then dont go to judo dude , its so simple

and i would suggest u be nice to the ppl u train with , these ppl despite what u think want you as a partner to train with cause everyone brings something to the mat with them , be it skill,size or wtv

Bob I'm gonna assume you just had a bad night at training - we all do at some stage or another. Sometimes I just dont wanna go - but I normally go anyway and say to myself "I'll just have an easy one". Funny thing - I have had GREAT training nights on those occasions. Probably because I am so relaxed in randori I fight well. I then walk away thinking - Id've learned nothing & not benefitted anything if I had stayed at home - it makes you feel good.

Most if it is just mental - you have to push past that stuff because doing SOMETHING is still better than standing around doing nothing.

I know it can be frustrating as a relative beginner but you just have to keep plugging away. Mate, PM me or post here or at JudoInfo if you need any help - but acting like a wimp wont get you any further.

I think this time around you just need a smack around the head like BubbleBoy suggested to wake you up & bring you to your senses......

*.....swing.... S M A C K !!* "Quit whining - get back in there!!"

Good job judogido. You want should I break his knees too?

triso said:
Whether you were right or wrong with the sitting out business, people need to mind their own business. If some guy was sitting out during class, I would never make a comment towards him. How the fuck is it my business what he is doing? As long as I

Caddock said:
This is entirely different from the philospohy in the places I train. Maybe we are wierdos or something but everyone who comes, even the newest people are treated like team-mates. We want them to be there learning and comments like this greenbelts would be common. It is your training partners business if you aren't working out. At least it is where I am from.

Contrary to popular believe combat sports are team sports. You may compete alone for a few minutes but the training takes hours of teamwork.

I don't know if this is the mentality of the other guys I train with. I've never sat out during training, and no one has ever said anything along these lines to me. It's more like my own personal opinion. I just could never picture myself saying that to someone. Even if I was thinking it, I wouldn't say it. I think it would be different if we were training together for a while, were friends, and we were also training for competition. That would be a different story, but I can picture someone saying this to some dude who he barely even knows, at a regular class, and I feel it's a little inappropriate. To be honest, I don't understand why he didn't want to train throws, but I'm not going to pass judgment on the kid because of it.

Cool line about combat sports being a team sport. I guess that is kind of true. I mean it's not a true team sport because its only you in there when you compete and you're not trying to win for some team record, but yet you do need teamwork to train and improve.

Caddock said:
This is entirely different from the philospohy in the places I train. Maybe we are wierdos or something but everyone who comes, even the newest people are treated like team-mates. We want them to be there learning and comments like this greenbelts would be common. It is your training partners business if you aren't working out. At least it is where I am from.

Contrary to popular believe combat sports are team sports. You may compete alone for a few minutes but the training takes hours of teamwork.

That's pretty common, I'd figure, but if there was some haughtiness sensed in it, it may be understandable that he was pissed. We'll raz one another if we sit out a live roll, but everyone takes part int eh drills and such. Just doesn't make sense not to unless you're injured.

judogido said:
Bob I'm gonna assume you just had a bad night at training - we all do at some stage or another. Sometimes I just dont wanna go - but I normally go anyway and say to myself "I'll just have an easy one". Funny thing - I have had GREAT training nights on those occasions. Probably because I am so relaxed in randori I fight well. I then walk away thinking - Id've learned nothing & not benefitted anything if I had stayed at home - it makes you feel good.

Most if it is just mental - you have to push past that stuff because doing SOMETHING is still better than standing around doing nothing.

I know it can be frustrating as a relative beginner but you just have to keep plugging away. Mate, PM me or post here or at JudoInfo if you need any help - but acting like a wimp wont get you any further.

I think this time around you just need a smack around the head like BubbleBoy suggested to wake you up & bring you to your senses......

*.....swing.... S M A C K !!* "Quit whining - get back in there!!"

cheers Judogido,

i needed that.

Bob

is it me or was the comment fairly harmless in the first place, if someone said that to me i would have agreed with him and joined in.

fuck that shit some old guy comes up to me and wants to roll, he better go all out. if he cant handle he should quit judo/leave practice/never roll with youngins again. wah im old ive got a right to be lazy at practice. fuck that.

fuck that shit some old guy comes up to me and wants to roll, he better go all out. if he cant handle he should quit judo/leave practice/never roll with youngins again. wah im old ive got a right to be lazy at practice. fuck that.

You, sir, have an attitude problem. Find a club with enough tough members instead of beating the crap out of old people, show some respect to them.

high right kick said:

Yeah fuck that shit, when I roll with pensioners, I make sure I sure I pop their elbows and choke the shit out of them before their oldman arms can tap. I also piss in their waterbottles, and if they can't handle that, they should quit bjj for something less fucking real.

The same applies to people with injuries, I attack that shit hard like a tactician because they have no right asking me to mind their damaged ankles when I'm roling like it's the finals of Abu Dabi. Team-mates are there to be fucked up.

If I tapped/TKO'd a 120 year old Helio via repeated guard slams, he better quit bjj and never roll with us youngins again, the lazy old fuck. I'm so down with you bro.

goat_man:
If I tapped/TKO'd a 120 year old Helio via repeated guard slams, he better quit bjj and never roll with us youngins again, the lazy old fuck. I'm so down with you bro.
Yeah. And don't forget stealing his belt.

Half Boston Crab said:
Yeah. And don't forget stealing his belt.
He'd probably figure out a way to kimura me with his walking-frame & choke me with his colostomy-bag.

goat_man said:
Yeah fuck that shit, when I roll with pensioners, I make sure I sure I pop their elbows and choke the shit out of them before their oldman arms can tap. I also piss in their waterbottles, and if they can't handle that, they should quit bjj for something less fucking real.

The same applies to people with injuries, I attack that shit hard like a tactician because they have no right asking me to mind their damaged ankles when I'm roling like it's the finals of Abu Dabi. Team-mates are there to be fucked up.

this man obviously knows what hes talking about.

Back