Judo or Jiu jitsu?

So true. It irritates me because 99% of these people are the lowest on the foodchain in the dojo yet they have the nerve to start arguing with people online.

Call me an elitistic fuck, I don't care.

Do what I do. Wait till you're half in the bag before enetering one. Then it's purely, entertainment.:icon_lol: Albeit you can come across some good concepts.

There is NO Practicality to judo vs bjj vs wrestling whatsoever. None... whatsoever. That, imo, is a FACT. Whoops, except the occasional good concept to any who can relate.

Not even in (I hate the term) streetfights. Ex. I often read what seems to be judo as a great art for on the street, yet the majority I know don't know how to fight or even want to.

The thing is that these threads usually go plenty pages and many hits. Why? A few reasons I bet.

1stly..and most clearly...for fun. Its just really a group(forum) conversation. I'll bet you plenty that if you have a gathering of a group of grappling athletes coming from different styles, who are good friends, they will shoot the shit about whats better knowing full well that it's really all in the individual person. At least until someone organizes a comp properly to decide. Ala' what UFC initially did to the striking game.

Its really just shootin the shit with grapplers of other styles, not so common in single style comp/tech threads.

2ndly, its a brainstorm. We all want every grappling system to get better regardless of our preference and it can help each person keep themselves honest. Believe me, there was a time when each in wrestling, judo and bjj were NOT considered good for fighting. Prior UFC 1. And we do get to share techs and concepts(some of them might be good) it just sounds crazy cause we're using the communal terms judo, bjj etc..

3rdly, any who actually do(and its seems very, very, very rare anymore) trash talk a style obviously hasn't enuff experience in it, is just looking to get an informational response or prolly do feel threatened. No revelation here.

4thly, it shows how far the world of grappling has come. I suspect 1 time bjjers were laffed at and told they suck, same with wrestlers and judoka. Even the vs threads from a few years ago look nothing like the ones these days.

5thly, if you find you post in these much too often, it may help give you reason to quit drinkin.:icon_lol:

This has been a very informing thread after you weed out the trash talk..

thanks guys

Back