judo bluebelt starting bjj tonight!

Two stupid things really.

1. Dont roll with blues and above unless they ask you. Some of them get pissy about that kind of thing. Dont ask why. Wait until you know them a bit.

2. A no brainer, but stay relaxed. Respect will come quicker if your opponents dont feel they are rolling with a meat head. Shouldnt be a problem for you, but ya never no.

the transition from BJJ to Judo is much easier than Judo to BJJ so you should be just fine. welcome to the world of butt scooting.:icon_lol:

Nice. Except I think you mixed up the sentence of bjj to judo and vice-versa.:D

walk up the the first blackbelt you see, slap him in the face and tell him in portugeuse that his sister is a swamp donkey.

its like prison, you gotta get th erespect early.

report back with pics/scans of injuries and or/ eulogy

Spazzing just means you go all out while rolling. A lot of beginners tend to do this (and of course some higher belts) in order to show everyone that they're not a wimp and try impressing the instructor.

spazzing is a big no no, because it can lead to accidental head butts, knee to the face or nose, groin shots, accidental injuries etc/

I didnt spaz but we were both getting up after a scramble and head butted in a way my tooth hit his lip which busted him open but guy said it was alright .

Couple guys said it would good to get me back and they wanted tp pick my brain to get some judo throws out of me .

No, but I know Eric because I used to go to Bushido-Kai.

I've been trying to figure out who it is from FitPlus who goes to Dal Judo.

I should really check Dal Judo out because I just moved up into that area.

Me? Hey, who is this? It's funny when you see everyone you know from the gyms around here on sherdog.

Hey Nick, glad to hear it went well. I was gonna start doing some no gi at titans, but I guess It's nothing for a while with the knee and all :mad:.

There IS a comp between judo and bjj and it really resembles my seoinage vs your uchimata, my top vs your ground or even my outside game vs your inside game. Just so much easier and entertaining this way tho.:) And does get shit done. Remove the sheet talk/cheap talk via internet and judo and bjj would have not helped each other near as much.

Look at it that way at worst. Now, go in there and when rolling smash and hammer with your judo. See what of it works and what doesnt ...and...then....adapt and modify. You'll have to. Do Not just chuck away your years of judo experience. Clearly a bjjer goin judo should not either. Hammer and test. If they get peeved....c'mon. Always show your best, or it wouldnt be FUN right?

Youll adapt as they impress. Normal.

Eric, it's Craig. Who else would it be with this username?

Glad to see Q mystic is back to making no sense.
(I sincerely mean that in the nicest way possible.)

Yeah I wanted to learn the basics with my friend, but he's a big guy who wanted to use all of his strength. He ended up kneeing my in the jaw really hard.

Prime example of spazzing out I guess. haha

Eric, it's Craig. Who else would it be with this username?

Glad to see Q mystic is back to making no sense.
(I sincerely mean that in the nicest way possible.)

Love my local fellas but you have to reread.

Fill me in on the no nsense please.:)

Goin to join a membership at round one on tues next week with the boxing and nogi.:)

Sucks that my smilies arent working.:(

edit. Ok. I'm cooler than this.

Me? Hey, who is this? It's funny when you see everyone you know from the gyms around here on sherdog.

Hey Nick, glad to hear it went well. I was gonna start doing some no gi at titans, but I guess It's nothing for a while with the knee and all :mad:.

thanks dude , iam hopeing your rehab wont take l;ong , but really the smart thing to do is keep off that knee .

There IS a comp between judo and bjj and it really resembles my seoinage vs your uchimata, my top vs your ground or even my outside game vs your inside game. Just so much easier and entertaining this way tho.:) And does get shit done. Remove the sheet talk/cheap talk via internet and judo and bjj would have not helped each other near as much.

Look at it that way at worst. Now, go in there and when rolling smash and hammer with your judo. See what of it works and what doesnt ...and...then....adapt and modify. You'll have to. Do Not just chuck away your years of judo experience. Clearly a bjjer goin judo should not either. Hammer and test. If they get peeved....c'mon. Always show your best, or it wouldnt be FUN right?

Youll adapt as they impress. Normal.

great advice man .

Back