Juan Urango 139.5 vs. Carlos Vilches 139.25
(IBF jr welterweight eliminator)
Joe Greene 156.75 vs. Joshua Okine 154.5
David Estrada 149.5 vs. Alexander Pacheco Quiroz 149.25
Wilmer Vazquez 286.75 vs. Rodney Wallace 215
Kenny Galarza 141.5 vs. Amaury Torres 140.5
Wilford Scypion 155.5 vs. William Ganes 150.5
Thomas Dulorme 140 vs. Javier Romero 135

Former title holder Urango looks to get another title shot as he faces the 50 plus fight veteran Carlos Vliches. Urango is a decent top 10ish guy who is best known for losing to Hatton last year. While he has some power he can be outboxed. But Vilches should not be much of an obstacle and it is a bit of a joke that he gets a title eliminator shot. The guy to watch on the bill is rising prospect Joe Green, now moving down to JR Midde. Greene packs power in both hands and is a young guy who is quickly rising up the rankings. He faces the late replacement Okine who should be able to extend Greene some rounds and provide a decide test. Also we have former Olympic and big fatty Wilver Vazqez at a whopping 286 and the action fighter David Estrada looks to get in the mix as well on the undercard. Fights start at 9 espn did good tonight.

Thanks boston!

I'm just happy there isn't a baseball game before this fight.

Thanks for the insight. I'll be interested to see Urango and Greene.

Okine is tough as nails and will be a good test for Greene. It'll be interesting to see how Greene handles a guy with a Hagler-esque chin.

WNF is really delivering so far - Witherspoon and Quillin.
Urango and Joe Greene.

Next week we've got Joel Julio (32wins 30kos - 1 loss) v Ishe Smith.

We'll also get a chance to see Mike Oliver on a card and the stream-lined version of Chris Byrd.

If anybody watches this card, please post something for those of us who are stuck at work. Thanks a ton.....

WNF is really delivering so far - Witherspoon and Quillin.
Urango and Joe Greene.

Next week we've got Joel Julio (32wins 30kos - 1 loss) v Ishe Smith.

We'll also get a chance to see Mike Oliver on a card and the stream-lined version of Chris Byrd.

I agree. There have been some good fights on there.

Thank god for WNF. The basketball games tonight bore me and my hockey team has been eliminated.

Teddy Atlas is THE MAN!! i cant think of to many other boxing comentators that have his knowlage of the game.

Joe Greene is doin a great job of out boxing Okine.

round 8 has probably been the best round of the fight for okine but i dont think he did enough to win it. greene traded with him on several occasions both landing good stuff. i have it 8 round to nil for greene

left hand drops okine. he gets up then a right hook drops okine. he gets up again and gets rushed by greene the ref forced to stop the fight

Sounds like Greene looked pretty good.

he fought a great fight. he realized the only way okine could win was in a war(which i personally think greene would have won) so he just out boxed him thru out the fight landing counters at will pretty much. then in the 8th he decided to engage with okine, he won most of the exchanges and in the 9th round he came out looking for the ko and got it

Thanks for the report. Please post something on the main event as well.

Greene looked solid. Didn't get to see the whole fight though.

this argentinian vilches went 12 rnds with ricky hatton so he apears to be a tuff guy. but then again he did get KO'd by emmanuel agustus

Back