Juan Urango vs Carlos Vilches plus Joe Greene Tonight on ESPN2

urnago comes out puttting the pressure on in the 1st vilches keeping away trying to box him but getting couth with some cleans shots. urango landed a good right hand towards the end of the rnd which put vilches on 1 knee

very entertaining 2nd round a lil more of the same from the 1st round but vilches traded with urango a lil more cought him with 2 good pounches but not enough to win the round

vilches doin a good job of keeping the fight competative but i dont think he will have enough to win this i got it 3 round to none with the first being 10-8

Huge Right Hook Ends The Fight. Very Impressive Ko

yeah he looked really hurt there for a sec but after taking that punch how could you not

Argg, My dvr was full and didn't record it..... Sonnavabitch.

Sounds like it was a good fight. Glad to hear ESPN is keeping up its streak......

I was kind of unimpressed with Greene.
At times (alot of times) his punches were slow and predictable.
He'll throw a big looping slow left or right, miss, and then be as open as a fighter can be. I hope he gets some good people in his corner and not his loud mouthed dad and family just blabbering the whole time.

I liked his early work to the body. But he would occassionally land a left to Okine's hip followed by a right to the belt line (or lower) - kind of odd because that combo happened more than once.

I was kind of unimpressed with Greene.
At times (alot of times) his punches were slow and predictable.
He'll throw a big looping slow left or right, miss, and then be as open as a fighter can be. I hope he gets some good people in his corner and not his loud mouthed dad and family just blabbering the whole time.

I liked his early work to the body. But he would occassionally land a left to Okine's hip followed by a right to the belt line (or lower) - kind of odd because that combo happened more than once.

Greene still needs some work, huh? Who do you think he should fight next?

Still needs work, definitely.
I think one big problem is that I don't like how he appears to be managed. During the fight Atlas commented on Greene's supporters shouting too much info for Greene. Even saying that maybe Greene's corner should intervene with his supporters having them shut up (his dad included).
Mentally he's young and it showed. When the crowd started getting restless and his supporters more vocal Greene started with some theatrics in the ring. Like waiving off punches that Okine landed or shaking his head in disapproval.
Which by itself might not be that big.... but his concentration would lapse. A skilled fighter would exploit that. Also, because of shouts from his supporters (possibly his dad) Greene would look to the audience.

I really liked his body work earlier on, and his took some solid shots from Okine without getting too frazzled.

I'd like to see a fight with Greene and Vera. Not so much because Vera is the test that Greene needs, because I think Greene would do quite well against Vera. And a win over Vera (a familiar face from the Contender and his upset over Lee) would give Greene that boost to get his name out there.

Yeah, sometimes it is best for everyone to just shut up and let the guy fight or there be just one voice for him to listen to......

So you guys have now seen Peter Quillan and Joe Green fight in the same week. Who do you think is the better prospect?

To me, Quillan may be better now, but Greene could have the higher ceiling. Anybody else agree?

So you guys have now seen Peter Quillan and Joe Green fight in the same week. Who do you think is the better prospect?

I didn't get to see all of Quillin's fight. I fell asleep because of ESPNs late bump.
So I really can't comment.
Good things about Greene though - nice body work in the 1st and still had power to take the guy out late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back