Josh koscheck vs colby convington

Imagine coming on this site and repeatedly telling people how "stacked" the GSP WW division was. Hardy, Thiago, Swick, Daley, Kampmann lol

ummmmmmmmmmmm lets compare with other divisions and have a great laugh okayyyy?

Hughes was cooked by the end of 2010, Jon Fitch had 1 top 10 win in Diego Sanchez up until the end of 2010, Josh Koscheck lost to basically every good fighter he's ever fought, Hendricks was a nobody, Ellenberger beat nobody of relevance, Jake Shields came to the UFC at the end of 2010, and Nick Diaz was still in Strikeforce.

The 2008-2010 UFC WW division was so overrated

Ummmm 1 top 10 win in the WW division, according to demographics, is as good as a top 3 win in the LHW or HW division. Let that sink in. WW = big pound. Hard to build a name because of the competitiveness. HW and LHW = small pound. You can be top 10 for 10 years so of course your name will appear to be bigger. But are you this good? Tell me how these LHW are more skilled than WWs. Imma grab some popcorn.

It's a shame prime GSP couldn't be in todays WW division. GSP was great but stylistically he had A LOT of favored match ups. Aside from Juiced Hendricks on paper Shields was the only one that had a chance at stopping him takedown wise.

i don't even like GSP but i think the only favorable match up he had was Dan Hardy. everyone else he fought had a clear cut way of beating him, theoretically speaking, but when it came down to it they couldn't make it happen.

GSP is without a doubt the greatest WW i've ever seen. i think he could definitely beat Usman when he was in his prime. Usman's striking defense would get exposed by GSP's jab. Colby and Usman are the only WWs i can see who would have a chance. everyone else gets blanketed.

i hate his style, but i cannot argue its effectiveness.

You have your opinion and I have mine.
Difference is putting subjective aside the numbers prove you wrong so then they don't matter because you Subjectively decide they don't matter.

Subjective
WW in GSP era was over rated
WW today are the best fighters ever

But taking the names you chose as not good from 2010 are better than the names of the 4 lowest WWs from today's top 10. Numbers don't lie and don't have opinions, they only inform them.

Give me something Objective to support your opinion not simply a Subjective "Best win is X who is severely overrated"
Yes, RDA would beat the shit out of Hardy, Paulo Thiago, Daley, and Kampmann. They aren't going to push him against the cage to wrestle him and they aren't better fighters than him. I don't even have to mention the other 3.

Has Colby beaten anyone into a living death?

Marty broke his jaw and his anus though.

Not that I'm aware of but his long lost cousin Ken Shamrock threatened to do so.

Does that count?

Ummmm 1 top 10 win in the WW division, according to demographics, is as good as a top 3 win in the LHW or HW division. Let that sink in. WW = big pound. Hard to build a name because of the competitiveness. HW and LHW = small pound. You can be top 10 for 10 years so of course your name will appear to be bigger. But are you this good? Tell me how these LHW are more skilled than WWs. Imma grab some popcorn.
The competitiveness? The top 10 barely even fought each other. Fitch was the consensus #2 and fought 1 guy on that list who was 10-4 at the time and unranked when he got his title shot. That big win streak looked great, but he didn't fight anyone. His win before his title shot was Chris Wilson... tell me how good he was.

And sorry, but LHW>>>>>>>>WW at that point in time. It's really not close

alveslegkickskosh.gif

giphy.gif
Prime juiced Thiago Alves >>> Warley Alves

38riqc.gif

Last edited:
Colby obviously

Kos was only good in the weak ww era n we saw what happen to him when he started facing better fighters.

prime kos would barely be top 15 in today’s ww

prime Kos is easily top 5 today

Would ragdoll guys like Mas

Colby obviously

Kos was only good in the weak ww era n we saw what happen to him when he started facing better fighters.

prime kos would barely be top 15 in today’s ww
he started facing better comp at the end of his career. thats like saying look at how anderson is doing now. he wouldnt be a top 20.

GSP had Favoured matchups because no one could beat him. He beat guys who EARNED #1 contender status regardless of their style. You try to make it out as if he only fought specific styles to avoid his weaker areas but he didn't have any weak areas.

Todays UFC WW top 10 has one guy older than GSP, 2 guys 1 year younger and all but Leon Edwards are in their 30's and within 6 years in age of GSP. Not like the didn't exist when GSP was reigning, they just weren't in his league. The WW division of GSP's day was much deeper.

2020 UFC WW Top 10
Champion Usman age 32
1.Tyron Woodley age 37
2. Colby Covington age 32
3. Jorge Masvidal age 35
4. Leon Edwards age 28
5. Demian Maia age 42
6. Stephen Thompson age 37
7. Michael Chiesa age 32
8. Rafael Dos Anjos age 35
9. Nate Diaz age 34

UFC 2010 WW Top 10

Champion GEORGES ST. PIERRE (19-2)
1. JON FITCH (21-3, 1 NC)
2. THIAGO ALVES (16-6)
3. DAN HARDY (23-6)
4. JOSH KOSCHECK (14-4)
5. PAULO THIAGO (12-1)
6. MIKE SWICK (14-3)
7. PAUL DALEY (23-8-2)
6. MARTIN KAMPMANN (16-3)
9. CARLOS CONDIT (24-5)
Were swick, daley hardy elite?

i don't even like GSP but i think the only favorable match up he had was Dan Hardy. everyone else he fought had a clear cut way of beating him, theoretically speaking, but when it came down to it they couldn't make it happen.

GSP is without a doubt the greatest WW i've ever seen. i think he could definitely beat Usman when he was in his prime. Usman's striking defense would get exposed by GSP's jab. Colby and Usman are the only WWs i can see who would have a chance. everyone else gets blanketed.

Tough to say. I feel Colby and Usman don't really have any holes in their game and to beat them you have to be better at being all around. GSP was well rounded and a lot of his opponents weren't. Shields has a good ground game but couldn't strike so GSP kept it standing and outstruck him. Koscheck and Fitch could wrestle as well so he kept it standing and out jabbed them. Serra was just outclassed and got lucky in the first fight. Hardy was in over his head and couldn't stop the takedown. Alves...couldn't stop the takedown. Could just say GSP is that good he dictates where the fight goes which is true but with Colby and Usman you can't make any of those claims I just stated.

I agree but those two would be interesting. Most GSP fight you could predict how they would go for the most part. He was so well rounded odds are one part of his game was better than yours so if you could threaten him standing up then you were on your back and visa-versa

Prime Kos was getting outstruck by old Hughes before landing a bomb. Good fighter but inconsistent.

Back