Josh koscheck vs colby convington

It's a shame prime GSP couldn't be in todays WW division. GSP was great but stylistically he had A LOT of favored match ups. Aside from Juiced Hendricks on paper Shields was the only one that had a chance at stopping him takedown wise.
what a load of revisionist horse crap, GSP fought all the contenders, Who was he supposed to fight then that wasnt a contender but a bad match up? Someone from the top 30?
GTFO

Prime Koscheck wins rather easily.

tumblr_mc65s9SOlJ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

alveslegkickskosh.gif

giphy.gif

I would pick Covington. I think Colby has better stand up, though less power. Covington by UD.

Kos fought prime Hendricks and outwrestled him it was a close fight but I thought Kos won..that was PRIME Hendricks he fought... People underestimating kos

GSP had Favoured matchups because no one could beat him. He beat guys who EARNED #1 contender status regardless of their style. You try to make it out as if he only fought specific styles to avoid his weaker areas but he didn't have any weak areas.

Todays UFC WW top 10 has one guy older than GSP, 2 guys 1 year younger and all but Leon Edwards are in their 30's and within 6 years in age of GSP. Not like the didn't exist when GSP was reigning, they just weren't in his league. The WW division of GSP's day was much deeper.

2020 UFC WW Top 10
Champion Usman age 32
1.Tyron Woodley age 37
2. Colby Covington age 32
3. Jorge Masvidal age 35
4. Leon Edwards age 28
5. Demian Maia age 42
6. Stephen Thompson age 37
7. Michael Chiesa age 32
8. Rafael Dos Anjos age 35
9. Nate Diaz age 34

UFC 2010 WW Top 10

Champion GEORGES ST. PIERRE (19-2)
1. JON FITCH (21-3, 1 NC)
2. THIAGO ALVES (16-6)
3. DAN HARDY (23-6)
4. JOSH KOSCHECK (14-4)
5. PAULO THIAGO (12-1)
6. MIKE SWICK (14-3)
7. PAUL DALEY (23-8-2)
6. MARTIN KAMPMANN (16-3)
9. CARLOS CONDIT (24-5)
Imagine coming on this site and repeatedly telling people how "stacked" the GSP WW division was. Hardy, Thiago, Swick, Daley, Kampmann lol

GSP had Favoured matchups because no one could beat him. He beat guys who EARNED #1 contender status regardless of their style. You try to make it out as if he only fought specific styles to avoid his weaker areas but he didn't have any weak areas.

Todays UFC WW top 10 has one guy older than GSP, 2 guys 1 year younger and all but Leon Edwards are in their 30's and within 6 years in age of GSP. Not like the didn't exist when GSP was reigning, they just weren't in his league. The WW division of GSP's day was much deeper.

2020 UFC WW Top 10
Champion Usman age 32
1.Tyron Woodley age 37
2. Colby Covington age 32
3. Jorge Masvidal age 35
4. Leon Edwards age 28
5. Demian Maia age 42
6. Stephen Thompson age 37
7. Michael Chiesa age 32
8. Rafael Dos Anjos age 35
9. Nate Diaz age 34

UFC 2010 WW Top 10

Champion GEORGES ST. PIERRE (19-2)
1. JON FITCH (21-3, 1 NC)
2. THIAGO ALVES (16-6)
3. DAN HARDY (23-6)
4. JOSH KOSCHECK (14-4)
5. PAULO THIAGO (12-1)
6. MIKE SWICK (14-3)
7. PAUL DALEY (23-8-2)
6. MARTIN KAMPMANN (16-3)
9. CARLOS CONDIT (24-5)
Ehhh most were strikers in gsp era

excellent question. if you don't mind, I'll add a subtexicle secondary questions: who'd win: clark Griswold or Ngannou?

This a tough one but I would go with Kos on this by a decision.

Imagine coming on this site and repeatedly telling people how "stacked" the GSP WW division was. Hardy, Thiago, Swick, Daley, Kampmann lol
Jorge Masvidal 35-13, Nate Diaz 20-12 , RDA 29-13, Chiesa 17-4.
Combined record 101-43 or a 70.6% win rate.
Hardy 23-6, Thiago 12-1, Swick 14-3, Daley 23-8-2, Kampmann 16-3
Combined record 88-21 or an 80.7% win rate.

Thanks for proving the point even further.

GSP absolutely ruined Kos. Terrible reffing and doctors in that fight. 1000% should have been stopped.

Kos was never the same after that fight. He was constantly wiping his eye during fights after that, even when nothing happened.
The end of Koshchecks career was horrendous. Not only did he wipe his eye, he would always play with his shorts and look down on the canvas like he had slipped on something. Hr had lots of nerves striking

Ehhh most were strikers in gsp era
Fitch, Koscheck, Shields, Hendricks, Hughes, Trigg are all wrestlers.

BTW GSP is a striker who happens to have the best wrestling in MMA without any wrestling credentials.

What’s up with all the koscheck threads lately? Is he killing it in some othe org? I’m not looking it up.

+ Hughes, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Hendricks who you conveniently left out. Carlos Condit, Thiago Alves (not sure if you meant Paulo Thiago), Jake Shields another grappler. Nick Diaz add to it.

The WW division in ~2008-2010 was way better than it is right now. I have no clue how anyone possibly thinks otherwise.

Usman who we don't even know how good he really is, Covington, Woodley on the decline probably, then who...Masvidal? lmao? GSP would make Masvidal his fucking bitch. So would half the WW division back then, in fact Masvidal did fight then and was trash comparatively at the time. I just don't get it.

Jorge Masvidal 35-13, Nate Diaz 20-12 , RDA 29-13, Chiesa 17-4.
Combined record 101-43 or a 70.6% win rate.
Hardy 23-6, Thiago 12-1, Swick 14-3, Daley 23-8-2, Kampmann 16-3
Combined record 88-21 or an 80.7% win rate.

Thanks for proving the point even further.
Did I say anything about the current division?

But go ahead and tell me about all those top wins that Hardy, Thiago, Daley, and Kampmann have

Did I say anything about the current division?

But go ahead and tell me about all those top wins that Hardy, Thiago, Daley, and Kampmann have
They have a better winning % then the current WW division. They were also Good fighters who weren't the very best. Aside from Hardy GSP never fought them. Compared to the current division the 2010 Era WW division was stacked. That's how it works. But on Sherdog having a single loss or not beating someone famous enough means you are shit right?

+ Hughes, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Hendricks who you conveniently left out. Carlos Condit, Thiago Alves (not sure if you meant Paulo Thiago), Jake Shields another grappler. Nick Diaz add to it.

The WW division in ~2008-2010 was way better than it is right now. I have no clue how anyone possibly thinks otherwise.

Usman who we don't even know how good he really is, Covington, Woodley on the decline probably, then who...Masvidal? lmao? GSP would make Masvidal his fucking bitch. So would half the WW division back then, in fact Masvidal did fight then and was trash comparatively at the time. I just don't get it.
Hughes was cooked by the end of 2010, Jon Fitch had 1 top 10 win in Diego Sanchez up until the end of 2010, Josh Koscheck lost to basically every good fighter he's ever fought, Hendricks was a nobody, Ellenberger beat nobody of relevance, Jake Shields came to the UFC at the end of 2010, and Nick Diaz was still in Strikeforce.

The 2008-2010 UFC WW division was so overrated

They have a better winning % then the current WW division. They were also Good fighters who weren't the very best. Aside from Hardy GSP never fought them. Compared to the current division the 2010 Era WW division was stacked. That's how it works. But on Sherdog having a single loss or not beating someone famous enough means you are shit right?
Who cares about winning percentage if you haven't beaten anyone of relevance. Of those guys, Koscheck is the only top win between them and he is severely overrated.

Who cares about winning percentage if you haven't beaten anyone of relevance. Of those guys, Koscheck is the only top win between them and he is severely overrated.
You have your opinion and I have mine.
Difference is putting subjective aside the numbers prove you wrong so then they don't matter because you Subjectively decide they don't matter.

Subjective
WW in GSP era was over rated
WW today are the best fighters ever

But taking the names you chose as not good from 2010 are better than the names of the 4 lowest WWs from today's top 10. Numbers don't lie and don't have opinions, they only inform them.

Give me something Objective to support your opinion not simply a Subjective "Best win is X who is severely overrated"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back