Josesito could be Khan's next victim...

Khan still got hit too much on Saturday.

I like this fight regardless.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62298#ixzz2Khi60Dnl

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a potential fight between Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) and Josesito Lopez (30-5, 18KOs) is a "no-go" due to weight. Khan has a set date on Showtime for April 20th. He would like to stage that match in the UK, where he has not fought since April 2011.

Lopez, who last fought at junior middleweight for his match with Saul Alvarez last September, was open to the idea of meeting Khan at a catch-weight of 145 - and Khan was looking for something much closer to the junior welterweight limit of 140.

Khan recently faced a similar issue with former WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko (33-1, 22KOs). As with Lopez, Khan wanted to face Senchenko at a catch-weight close to the junior welterweight limit. Senchenko was unwilling to go below 146.

Another possibility, for Khan, is Humberto Soto. The Mexican veteran returned to the ring on Saturday in Mexico to decision Silverio Ortiz (26-14) but he wasn't exactly impressive in doing so.

For Lopez, there have been discussions about matching him against Marcos Maidana (33-3, 30KOs) in a welterweight fight. Sources close to the negotiations have told BoxingScene that "both sides" are very interested in the fight. Maidana-Lopez would be a very physical match, with high drama, and because of their styles I wouldn't expect it to go the distance.

:-(

Josesito would probably knock khan out...dead serious

I'm with you. The only question I have is if moving down to 140 is a good decision for Lopez after he's been fighting at the heavier weights. Whether he was fighting over his weight class or not, rarely do boxers bodies react well when moving down in weight.

Khan is this generations Terry Norris.

Future HOFer? Wife slept with Paul Vaden? 'Splain yourself.

Seano and several others stole this analogy from me...

meaning that Khan is an incredibly offensive, dynamic fighter very capable of hurting his opponents...

however, when something doesn't go as planned, or if he gets caught, or if he fails to hurt his opponent he ends up being fuc*ed.

take a look at the first Terry Norris vs Simon Brown fight. Terry Norris was landing huge shots on him but never really hurt him...Brown ended up the getting the TKO.

In summation, Amir Khan is a great fighter until he gets caught.

I think this would be an easy fight for Khan. Lopez isn't that good, and he's too stationary, he doesn't move well and he's going to get busted up.

I think this would be an easy fight for Khan. Lopez isn't that good, and he's too stationary, he doesn't move well and he's going to get busted up.

lolwut???

Lopez can fight backing up, is slippery doing so, and has a left hook. Even just having a left hook makes anyone a worthy adversary for Khan.

I would have liked to have seen the fight, but after getting knocked out a couple times I don't see Khan wanting to move up any time soon.

Khan and his people should think this through, Khan really doesnt bring anything Josesito hasnt seen

Nonetheless a FOTY candidate

lolwut???

Lopez can fight backing up, is slippery doing so, and has a left hook. Even just having a left hook makes anyone a worthy adversary for Khan.

I would have liked to have seen the fight, but after getting knocked out a couple times I don't see Khan wanting to move up any time soon.

lol you're kidding right? Alvarez landed 140 punches on him over 5 rounds, landing at a 52% connect rate. The shocking thing is he was landing jabs on him, 36 jabs 34%. So I don't know what 'slippery' movement you're talking about but it's not by Lopez. Canelo is a slow guy with poor footwork and he was able to find Lopez in the ring with regularity.

If Alvarez is able to land those punches, then so will Khan. Khan has a much better jab, much quicker hands.

I would expect a Khan stoppage in this fight. Probably late stoppage.

Khan and his people should think this through, Khan really doesnt bring anything Josesito hasnt seen

Nonetheless a FOTY candidate

He brings speed, and Lopez hasn't seen speed. This guy was getting hit by everything Canelo threw at him. Khan would pick him apart. Will by either knockout or late stoppage due to cuts.

He brings speed, and Lopez hasn't seen speed. This guy was getting hit by everything Canelo threw at him. Khan would pick him apart. Will by either knockout or late stoppage due to cuts.

Your right on Khan's speed but Khan is too easily persuaded into a brawl where I think Josesito can win, it will be interesting if Khan can keep calm and patient through out the fight, this isnt a 135lb Carlos Molina he's fighting

As for Canelo landing on Lopez, he was ridiculously sluggish and overweight for that fight, worst fight Lopez has been in

Your right on Khan's speed but Khan is too easily persuaded into a brawl where I think Josesito can win, it will be interesting if Khan can keep calm and patient through out the fight, this isnt a 135lb Carlos Molina he's fighting

As for Canelo landing on Lopez, he was ridiculously sluggish and overweight for that fight, worst fight Lopez has been in

I was pretty much gonna say a lot of this, Cuban.
Alvarez is not as poor a fighter as you seem to think. He's a crafty combination puncher who can find his way in. When you're on the lesser end of the power scale, you don't get into exchanges with people who punch like Alvarez.

Anyhow, Khan's kind of an idiot. I see the fight going like the Ortiz fight, with Khan coming straight forward aggressively to try to end Lopez quickly. The left hook will fit nicely over Khan's lazy right hand. (Again)

With josesitos heart and Khans vulnerability, there is no way the fight can be anything but exciting.

If this fight happens and Khan loses then its time to hang the gloves up.

tough fight for khan, khan may have huge speed and overall athleticism adv; but khan has a tendency to fight dumb, not to mention the fact that lopez has a huge heart and durability.

he wont be made def or hesitant because khan opens up on him; when he gets used to the speed and begins to time khan is when it gets real for khan. Because lopez can apply alot of pressure and is more than capable of fighting a rough physical fight; if khan hasn't learned to corral his habit of getting into firefights, its gonna be a loss for him.

i tend to believe khan will win pedigree skill phys ability and off tech is far above lopez; but guys like lopez aren't ever easy wins and can/will take over if the opp slows a step or gets away from being def aware...khan has both problems throughout his career.

khan wins in fotn, it will be a lesser version of khan/maidana; lopez doesn't have maidana power or physical strength, but is a bit quicker and a better all round boxer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back