Jose Aldo to Edgar: "LW isnt as explosive as the FW Division

I wasn't THAT excited about this fight when it was announced but I am getting more hyped the closer we get to the fight. The entire card is CRAZY good!

Aldo
Edgar
Overeem Antonio Silva
Evans Diet Nog
Fitch Maia

Lightweight is a much tougher division than Featherweight. It

FW is the division LW fighters run to when they can't handle the level of competition.
ross-pearson-image-2-148150057.jpg

cubpearson.gif

...and then they go back.

size matters. Period. That is why Florian, even though he didn't win, looked a lot better in that title fight at 145. Edgar is plenty fast enough for 145. and he won't even be shrinking. he will be the same guy at 145 that he fights as at 155. Same exact fighter, and that is very rare. So if Aldo wins, then he needs to go and put his big boy pants on and fight at 155. I got Edgar in this one though.

Aldo just tooting his and his divisions own horn, you cant take that seriously. Hopefully Edgar takes the belt from him and humbles him up. There is a lot of noise coming from Aldo, a lot of noise.

Who's this Emelianko from your username?

I've been saying this for a while. I think Edgar is better off at 55 than 45 because Edgar without a speed advantage, or hell even with a minimal speed advantage is not as effective. This is why I think he gets dominated by Aldo.

I don't think he will beat Aldo, but even if he loses his speed advantage he still has superior wrestling and great striking.

I think the LW roster is definitely more stacked, doesn't mean Edgar will win though.

Looking forward to this one.

I think the so called skill difference between the divisions are a myth. Top 10 FWs are just as hard to beat as Top 10 LWs.

Either way I have to agree with you. This fight I am pumped for

I don't think he will beat Aldo, but even if he loses his speed advantage he still has superior wrestling and great striking.

His superior striking and wrestling is a result of his speed.

He has great technique as well but his speed puts him over the top.

Weight classes exist for a reason, that reason is that bigger guys have an advantage.

LW > FW all day long, no matter how many hairs you want to split.

Not only are the LW fighters better in a direct match up, they are better P4P; it is a more talented division.

Aldo is in for a serious fight here. I liken this to most of Sherdog saying "JDS will kill Cain." Sherdog rides the nuts of anyone on a winning streak, but there are a lot of factors in play here. Frankie has been a premiere fighter in a much tougher world than Aldo.

That's a very shallow anylysis. Homie's got something coming.

Aldo seems worried to me.

When a normally quiet fighter starts running his mouth, it's usually due to anxiety over his upcoming opponent.

I agree with Aldo that Frankie won't be fast enough to strike with him. However, frankie will be strong enough at 145 to get take downs, and he has shown his ability to take a punch and recover.

Should make for a very exciting fight and will clearly define the division landscape, along with either cementing Aldo as the real deal or putting edgar back amongst the pound for pound list.

Last edited:
Aldo just tooting his and his divisions own horn, you cant take that seriously. Hopefully Edgar takes the belt from him and humbles him up. There is a lot of noise coming from Aldo, a lot of noise.

lol really?

Back