Jose Aldo Targeting LW Debut @ UFC 231; Turned Down Short-Notice Bout Against Donald Cerrone

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jose Aldo wants to return at UFC 231 in Toronto, making his debut at 155. Also details he was asked to fight Donald Cerrone on short notice in Sao Paulo when Jimi Manuwa vs. Glover Teixiera fell through. Wow.

Has no interest in any FW fights atm, including proposed matchups with Renato Moicano and Zabit Magomedsharipov.

Last edited:
Cool. I will probably do good at that weight at this stage in his age.

Aldo vs Nate Diaz would make me wet. It would be huge! Just do it!

Too bad he didn't do this against Benson Henderson or Pettis back in the day. Still cool though. Yes ^ Aldo v. Gaethje

Somebody tweet Aldo v. Gaethje to Dana White and the new matchmaker, can't too busy at work have to leave now.

About time. He should have moved up a while ago.

Too bad the fight with Cerrone didn't happen. Looking forward to seeing how he does at LW. The division keeps getting stronger.

Aldo turning down another fight shocker

Too bad he didn't do this against Benson Henderson or Pettis back in the day. Still cool though. Yes ^ Aldo v. Gaethje

He wanted too. Dana wouldn't let him, told him he had to drop his FW belt and end his reign to challenge Pettis for the 155 belt.

Also Aldo vs Gaethje or Diaz/Poirier if one of them ends up pulling out would be a fucking siiiick fight, lots of exciting matchups for Aldo at 55.

dont think dana would allow him to vs pettis or he would have

Cerrone is the damn badass. He's open to fight anybody anywhere.

Remember when CB Dolloway pulled out and Cerrone wanted to step and fight Barroso at LHW on a 12 hours notice? Cowboy gonna Cowboy

Finally! Whole bunch of awesome matchups to make

Huh? It isn't 2008 anymore. Aldo is tiny and would get dwarfed by basically the average LW.

man.....ive been waiting for years to see him at LW i'd have to think about who i wanna see him fight first

if he wants the belt i wouldnt mind a similar approach that rda took (although rda didnt win the belt thus far) which would be to ease in against a top 15 ranked guy maybe like a paul felder, and then go from there

however, i think he wants big fights from here on out until he retires, so maybe eddie alvarez, or the diaz/poirer loser.....idk. gaethje would be insane

Back