• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jose Aldo solving Rob Font's jab

I actually think Aldo is the best he's ever been.
He isn't quite as physical as he used to be in WEC, however he blends his athleticism with his technique better than he ever has before imo

Explain, how?

1) WEC paid a lower salary than the UFC.
2) UFC did not develop a featherweight division because they didn't believe in lower weight classes at the time.
3) Aldo has 7 title defenses in the UFC from a heavily WEC fighter dominated division who's fighters were not scouted by UFC talent but by WEC.
4) Aldo took his championship belt from Mike Brown, the same Mike Brown that had really poor fights against Faber in WEC, then was just gifted the belt by the UFC.
5) UFC's featherweight division was extremely shallow that Aldo had to fight and lap the same fighters (Mendes, and Edgar).

Look at all of the WEC bred fighters that Aldo fought during his title defense:

1) Mike Brown: WEC
2) Urijah Faber: WEC
3) Manny Gamburan: WEC
4) Mark Homnick: WEC
5) Kenny Florian: WEC
6) Chad Mendes: WEC
7) Chan Sung Jung: WEC
8) Richardo Lamas: WEC

ONLY Frankie Edgar was scouted by UFC rather than a merge from WEC.
And the second non-WEC fighter that Aldo fought, he got KOed in seconds.

Aldo might be the GOAT WEC fighter, but that's it, he's nowhere in contention for UFC GOAT.
Kenny Florian isn't a WEC product?? He came up from the TUF house. He is a former LW contender that dropped a weight class to challenge for the title. He fought for BJ for the title years earlier.

Out of curiosity. Who didn't Aldo fight during his WEC reign? There are much better fighters overseas? Who wasn't scouted?

Last edited:
i really want to see aldo vs tj/cruz/aljo

As far as i am concerned right now aljo, tj, cruz are the top 3 in the division. and the next title shots wll be involve them. Fuck cejudo as tj and aldo don't have much time left.

I love yan, but with 2 loses to aljo, he wont' be in the title picture for awhile. he should take on cejudo or omalley next. Cejudo won't take the match with yan though.
Cruz is nowhere near the top 3.

He beat the shit out of Rob

They both did a number on each other. Aldo broke Rob's orbital in round one, then rob broke Aldo's orbital in round three. That was a brutal fight and I'm kind of worried about rob fighting again this weekend as I think it might be too soon.

Font has arguably one of the best jabs in the UFC, but seems like he basically stays orthodox and jabs with the left hand. Imagine how dangerous he could be if he developed the ability to switch stances and jab with either hand.

He switches stances fairly often, but his techniques aren't as polished from southpaw. He's clearly working on it though.

i really want to see aldo vs tj/cruz/aljo

As far as i am concerned right now aljo, tj, cruz are the top 3 in the division. and the next title shots wll be involve them. Fuck cejudo as tj and aldo don't have much time left.

I love yan, but with 2 loses to aljo, he wont' be in the title picture for awhile. he should take on cejudo or omalley next. Cejudo won't take the match with yan though.
Yan vs omalley i'm in.

People call Khabib lightweight GOAT and sometimes even just the GOAT period. Who did Khabib beat? Fought Al Iaquinta for the belt, and then defended against DP, McGregor, and Gaethje and out of that 3 only McGregor was LW champion (Interim champs are fake champs).

McGregor's run at featherweight carries as much weight as Khabib's run at LW.

Fuck man you're stupid. Absolutely a bottom of the barrel poster. Go away, no one likes you.

They both did a number on each other. Aldo broke Rob's orbital in round one, then rob broke Aldo's orbital in round three. That was a brutal fight and I'm kind of worried about rob fighting again this weekend as I think it might be too soon.
I like Rob. But I'm hoping Chito gets the W. Also, thanks for the info. I didn't know they both came out with injuries like that.

But I was told that head movement doesn't work in mma. In seriousness, Aldo is a ridulous athlete but every fighter who wants to have defense in mma should look at him
People who claim head movement doesn't work are just lazy. It's a difficult technique so ppl like to justify not having to learn it because they can't. You'll hear the same excuse "knees and kicks prevent head movement." Yeah, like any technique there's a counter, doesn't mean it's not worth learning.

Would love to see Aldo have one more shot at BW title.

Back