• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jose Aldo solving Rob Font's jab

Look at this kick check video.

That Aldo is still this good 17 years deep and a division down is nuts.

"While it seems like he's got a rough matchup in a high volume boxer, he's STILL the GOAT. He's been doing this forever, smashed the #1 guy in his division in 2008 and just never stopped."

Jack Slack knows
<CerseiPlotting><NoneOfMy>
Aldo Bless
<Kpop775>

throw-our-heads-back-laughing.gif

But I was told that head movement doesn't work in mma. In seriousness, Aldo is a ridulous athlete but every fighter who wants to have defense in mma should look at him

Finished Aldo, Priorer and beat the snot out of max. Volk wasn’t around back then or IV using weight bully not overly rich Conor would have KOd him too. Small sample size and all but his quality of wins is unmatched.

Finished Aldo, Priorer and beat the snot out of max. Volk wasn’t around back then or IV using weight bully not overly rich Conor would have KOd him too. Small sample size and all but his quality of wins is unmatched.

He had a good featherweight run. But it was very short. I have as many title defenses as him.

Can’t call someone greatest of all time in a division if he never hung around to prove it.

Volk would have taken him down

Conor’s resume is so thin his fans have to make up hypothetical wins and count them as evidence of his greatness

Font has arguably one of the best jabs in the UFC, but seems like he basically stays orthodox and jabs with the left hand. Imagine how dangerous he could be if he developed the ability to switch stances and jab with either hand.

It really was a win on veteran savy. His cardio waned a little at the end, but could very much see the skill is still there.

Eh Aldo was always just a good fighter, not a great one. For the longest time, UFC didn't have a featherweight division because they didn't think the lowest weight classes would sell, so WEC had that division and they just signed a bunch of bums who would fighter for lesser pay at the WEC level.

UFC then just took WEC's featherweight division and made it their own, they didn't go out there to find new top talent to sign. Aldo never truly beat that many UFC champion caliber fighters, except Frankie Edgar. Faber was a bantam weight, and he was a contender but not champ material.

Once UFC signed original fighters that weren't from a WEC lay over roster that could fight on a champion level, Aldo withered (McGregor, Max, and Volk). He then decided to go to a lower weight and use his size and even then he'll never be bantamweight champion.

Don't get me wrong, Aldo is a good fighter, but he's not great, and does not belong in the GOAT discussion. I was never on Aldo's train in being the GOAT despite how many times Rogan called him the greatest when he was FW champ. I know UFC propaganda when I see it, and Aldo as a elite FW was always UFC propaganda to make up for their crappy WEC roster.

Conor, Max, and Volk all exposed Aldo.

Eh Aldo was always just a good fighter, not a great one. For the longest time, UFC didn't have a featherweight division because they didn't think the lowest weight classes would sell, so WEC had that division and they just signed a bunch of bums who would fighter for lesser pay at the WEC level.

UFC then just took WEC's featherweight division and made it their own, they didn't go out there to find new top talent to sign. Aldo never truly beat that many UFC champion caliber fighters, except Frankie Edgar. Faber was a bantam weight, and he was a contender but not champ material.

Once UFC signed original fighters that weren't from a WEC lay over roster that could fight on a champion level, Aldo withered (McGregor, Max, and Volk). He then decided to go to a lower weight and use his size and even then he'll never be bantamweight champion.

Don't get me wrong, Aldo is a good fighter, but he's not great, and does not belong in the GOAT discussion. I was never on Aldo's train in being the GOAT despite how many times Rogan called him the greatest when he was FW champ. I know UFC propaganda when I see it, and Aldo as a elite FW was always UFC propaganda to make up for their crappy WEC roster.

Smartest McGregor fan right here
<{1-17}>

Last edited:
He had a good featherweight run. But it was very short. I have as many title defenses as him.

Can’t call someone greatest of all time in a division if he never hung around to prove it.

People call Khabib lightweight GOAT and sometimes even just the GOAT period. Who did Khabib beat? Fought Al Iaquinta for the belt, and then defended against DP, McGregor, and Gaethje and out of that 3 only McGregor was LW champion (Interim champs are fake champs).

McGregor's run at featherweight carries as much weight as Khabib's run at LW.

Impressive because he is still improving. That shows his discipline and mentality. A lot of fighters will say they are better than ever but aren't really evolving their fighting style. When Aldo is saying it, you see his new improvements with every fight.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum, lol.

This performance was ridiculous. I couldn't care less about GOAT talks. Aldo is one of the greatest ever and one of the greatest to watch ever with his beautiful and brutal style.

Based on his age, i would love Aldo Aljo, but for the fans Aldo, TJ is the fight

The fact he is that fast in combos at his age, and this is him declining in speed, really speaks volumes how quick and good he actually was

Yup the wins over the top two GOAT candidates in Aldo and max were definitely hypothetical and matchups us mma fans were denied

Holloway was a pedestrian fighter at the time. He went 3-3 in his first 6 UFC fights, the last of that run being Conor. It was his 9th pro fight and Conor's 16th.

Who would have imagined a talented but green 20 year old in the UFC would get better?

Solid wins, but 3 wins dont make someone the GOAT of a division. Aldo dominated FW for years. I have a hard time believing youre not just trying to rustle some jimmies here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back