Jose Aldo on potential superfight with Dillashaw: "The kid is just starting"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
I pick Dillashaw. And yeah, aside from Cruz he has no one to fight in that division.

assuncao%2Bcatch%2Bkick.gif

Aldo would destroy Dillashaw lol ....Aldo is in a different class

I'd like to see Dodson punch a hole in Dillashaw's head again.

And yes, I'm a Barao fan. :icon_cry2

TJ has defended his belt once in reality as the Joe Soto fight was not exactly a defense against a top contender. How about there being a requirement in MMA that a champion have at least 5 defenses of their title (rematches excluded) against 5 different opponents in their division before they are allowed to speak about fighting anyone in another division. Same should go for all Sherdoggers.

Only champions who currently qualify for Superfight talk are ALDO going to LW, MM going to BW, Jon Jones going to HW, GSP to MW. Nothing and no one else deserves to be spoken of in the way of a Superfight.

Dillashaw is an absolute nightmare matchup for Aldo. Aldo is too slow and flat footed, much like Barao, for TJ. That's not even to say Aldo is slow, but TJ is just freakishly fast and would make Aldo look very slow.

It seems like Aldo doesn't want to fight anyone lately. WTF?

TJ needs to focus on Cruz and Aldo needs to focus on Conor.

They both have challenging and awesome fights upcoming so I don't know why we're even having this discussion.

TJ is a paper champ IMO. That belt belongs to Cruz.

TJ needs to focus on Cruz and Aldo needs to focus on Conor.

They both have challenging and awesome fights upcoming so I don't know why we're even having this discussion.

I agree, but Aldo was asked & his reply was exactly what you said

TJ is the one not focused on his next challenge

Aldo is not Barao, he'd wreck TJ. TJ vs MM would be the fight to watch.

No way on earth Aldo makes 135.

So I guess Dillashaw shows up at his walk around weight of 145lbs?

He is so much faster than Aldo if he is smart he could fight a defensive less than exciting fight that could yield him a decision over Aldo but if Aldo hits him, TJ might be taking an extended stay at the local hospital.

I agree with Aldo. Dillashaw looked very good in his fights against Barao but he still has a lot of work to do before he can start looking to fight champions of higher weight classes, or any other weight classes. If he was fighting Mighty Mouse tomorrow, I'd pick Mighty Mouse.

That is funny & true

exactly.

With the exception of it being either funny or true.

and yes. I fully understand we're in the era where a significant portion of fans are going to believe whatever they want at all costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back